Breaking Him (II)

Start from the beginning

So he lies to his sister as well? With what, business? More like trade of sins.

"I won't tell any of that sappy stuff that Raihaan is reserved, he doesn't express his emotions, he has a good heart and all that." She began with sudden vigour, placing her hands on my lap as we slumped on the huge couch. Her amber eyes shone with mirth at that moment.

"Because....he is none of that! He is very expressive if his feelings. If he likes it, then he'll get it. I mean my cheeks are a living proof of that...the assault they've gone through, ya Allah!" She shuddered, cupping her bubbly cheeks, frantically shaking her head. I chuckled at her dramatic expression and it felt like a lot of work to smile.

"And if he loves you, he will lay his life on line for you. Beware of the sudden hugs, traumatizing pecks and scary pranks, because he never stops doing these. He is my everything for me and I would love that you two to live a happy life with each other." She completed, looking slightly away from where I was. Nevertheless, her warm hands enclosing mine showed that her brother meant a lot to her. So did mine.

And that is why, I am willing to do anything for my brother.

"BOO!" A loud voice exclaimed and Laila loudly screamed. My heart almost leaped out of my chest and I covered my mouth with my hand. Raihaan appeared from nowhere and Laila instantly located him with her hands. He waited for her to find him, and she swiped her sandal off her legs to hit him savagely.

"Are you crazy?! I almost got a cardiac arrest, you good for nothing creature!" She shrieked while smacking her flats on his back and he laughed at the beatings. I slid off my chair at his nauseating presence and rushed towards my room at an abnormal speed.

How could he laugh with his sister like that after ruining me and my brother?

I locked the door and leaned against it, inhaling deep breaths to stop myself from vomiting. After a while, I could breathe properly and wiped the beads of sweat on my forehead. I heard someone inserting the key into the keyhole from the other side and my panic raise exponentially.

I flipped and pushed the door with all might to keep it closed but a few seconds if struggle later, I found myself trapped between the door and him. He smiled at me my mouth went dry at his sight.

"Hello, dear wife! Perhaps you enjoyed my absence too much." He spoke in a low tone, cocking his head to the side and twirling a stray strand of my hair. I swiped my clammy hands on the side of my dress and swallowed my saliva.

He pulled the sleeve of his shirt and dabbed it against my face to wipe the sweat. My heart still ran but this time, for a different reason. After he made sure I was cleansed, he dissipated the focus frown from his face and stared at me with a straight face.

"I still have an effect. That's a very good thing. Seeing you all fearful gives me a nonpareil pleasure." He remarked while nodding his head, as if he was impressed. I decided to remain silent because running my wild mouth would only make him angry and give zero progress.

"You met Laila and you know that she is visually impaired. She plans to stay for a while and I expect you to keep a few things from her." He said with a tone of finality and suddenly appeared all dark.

"If she gets to know about what I do, by default, I will assume that you are the culprit and so there will be consequences. Something you won't like." His warning made me shudder. Despite me wanting otherwise, I was scared of him. I bobbed my head, not able to form a sensible sentence in my mind.

He tapped my head with his two fingers and moved back, giving me a much needed space. "Good."

He strolled towards the table and threw his watch on it. He almost slid the t-shirt off his body and I gasped loudly in surprise. The shirt remained midway and he turned around to raise his eyebrows at me. I whirled around and twisted the knto run out of this suffocating room.