66: A Double Date(?)

Start from the beginning

But, Kaburamaru was an exception.

"Hey there, you sneaky devil♡." You smiled as the white serpent slithered downwards and towards your chest, as if trying to get into your shirt.

Obanai noticed this and nearly blushed, "stop that, Kaburamaru!"

You laughed, knowing exactly what─or who the white snake is searching for?

"It's okay, Obanai. I already know he's looking for Fuwa." You tell him.

Now, Fuwa is the name of your pet Japanese dwarf flying squirrel whom you'd saved during your Final Selection. Normally, all the animals like, the Kasugai crows (mainly Kyōjurō's crow), Uzui's buff mice, Gyomei's cat, and Mitsuri's rabbit all got along with Fuwa. Though, you would think a snake like Kaburamaru would often try to eat her, however truth be told, the white snake actually adored the little squirrel as well.

Granted, Fuwa's greatest strength was her extreme cuteness. So much so, that she can even make tough guys like Sanemi, Giyuu, and even Obanai-himself break face and swoon.

"Sorry Kabu, but Fuwa's not with me." You say smugly.

You had left her back home with Senjuro.

The white snake seemed to give you a disheartened look, but immediately turned his attention towards the delicious kabob in your hand and flicks his tongue. But before he can even think about it, you handed him back to Obanai.

"Anyways, what are you doing here, Iguro?" You ask the Serpent Pillar, "have you come here to enjoy the star festival, too?"

"You.. could say that." He says, still not looking at you.

You followed his heterochromia stare, noting that he's staring at Kyōjurō and Mitsuri as you gave a sly smirk.

Obanai suddenly felt your eyes on him──the strange feeling making his skin prickle as he glances at you only to flinch upon seeing you looking at him funny.

"(ⓛ ω ⓛ)"

"Gah! Quit staring at me like t-that!" He shuddered.

"So, you and Mitsuri, eh?" You smirked.

"What? N-no, it's nothing like that! We're─I mean..she's just a friend."

"Sure, sure, whatever you say." You teased.

"I'm serious, (Name)." An 💢 mark appeared on his forehead.

"What? I'm not saying you only came because you wanted to spend time with Mitsuri." You shrugged.

"(Name)!"

"What? I didn't say anything about a date."

"I-It's not a date!" He fumed and you had to stop yourself from laughing, noting his face turning red.

It was cute, since you already knew about his obvious crush on Mitsuri.

"My love!" You both stopped and glanced to see both Kyōjurō and Mitsuri.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," Kyōjurō says, "hey Iguro, good to see you!" He greeted the Snake Pillar who just waved.

"It's alright, Kyō. So, how was your yakiimo?" You asked him.

"Umai," he grins, "anyways, me and Mitsuri-chan were thinking about getting taiyaki ice cream, you wanna come?" Your husband asked.

Taiyaki ice cream?!

"Sure! I could go some dessert," you say excitedly.

"Great! You're welcome to come too, Obanai?" Kyōjurō says.

"Whatever." The pouty snake boy grumbles.

"Aww, cheer up Obanai-kun!" Said Mitsuri as she reached for his hand, "now come on, before they're sold out!♡" She says, dragging the now blushing boy towards the stall.

You giggle, seeing how cute Mitsuri and Obanai are together. And the thought that Mitsuri was oblivious to Obanai's feeling only added to the adorableness.

"What's so funny, my love?" Kyōjurō asked upon hearing you laugh.

"Oh, I was just thinking how this almost feels like a double date."

"A double date?" Kyōjurō questions.

"It's nothing," you say quickly, "now come on, I want a (favorite flavor) taiyaki ice cream cone!" You grab his hand, before pulling him along.

After you, Kyōjurō, Mitsuri, and Obanai got your ice cream; you all strolled around──simply enjoying the spectacle of street performers and traditional dances. After that, both Kyōjurō and Mitsuri suggested you all should take a group photo, upon spotting a photographer.

As you suspected, it was definitely something anyone on a festival date should do; but you already knew they both just wanted the memory solidified as you stood beside your husband and he next to Mitsuri.

However, Obanai didn't seemed to like the idea of Kyōjurō being too close to Mitsuri as he wedged himself in-between them, whilst pushing Kyōjurō slightly. You shook your head at the display as just the camera flashed.