Chapter 85 - Bonds Upfront

Kyra knew she couldn't let a slip up happen now. Meowstic had been taken down by Will-O-Wisps residual damage by now, and the sheer power of Flare Blitz on the Dry Skin ability of Heliolisk had sealed her fate of the battle too.

"Delphox, come on out," they both said, sending out their Delphox. Neither one was going to use their ace yet.

The two Delphox stood in front of their trainers, they were both looking forward to battling each other again. Yes their last proper battle had been when Kyra's Delphox was a Braixen, but that would now make this battle even better since their strength was much more similar.

"Delphox, use Mystical Fire!" they both called.

Both Kyra and Malva's Delphox had the same moveset, neither one had much of an advantage over the other. Whatever Kyra's Delphox could do, Malva's Delphox could counter it in the same way.

The two Mystical Fire's collided, both were equal in power. This took a whole other meaning to the meaning of a mirror battle.

"Now use Psyshock," they both said, again calling the same attack.

The purple rocks formed around the two Delphox' wands, spinning out towards the opponent. Most of the Psyshock rocks hit each other, but some did break through and landed on their opponent, dealing limited equal damage.

"Looks like this will end in a draw," Kyra said, noticing that neither trainer would give their opponent chance of finding an opening.

"Our battling styles are pretty similar, always going all out from the beginning, never giving up until the battle is over," Malva replied, this battle was showing just how much in common she and Kyra shared, and she loved it.

The two Delphox were enjoying the battle just as much. It was confidence to Kyra's Delphox that she was just as strong, and nice for Malva's Delphox to be battling such an opponent.

"Now use Shadow Ball," they both said, again both attacks landed, dealing super effective damage to both Delphox. The purple orb that had finished off Kyra's Delphox when she was a Braixen wouldn't end the battle this time. A double curve ball hit.

"You alright Delphox," they asked, their Delphox nodded.

Again, the same call came next turn, "Mystical Fire."

Again the attacks met, cancelling each other out, the swirling flame circle equal in size and strength.

"Finish this with Shadow Ball," they both added, this is what happened when two trainers had the same strategy and faced off in a mirror battle.

The two attacks hit their target, knocking out both pokémon.

"Thanks Delphox, that was amazing," Kyra thanked, returning Delphox to her pokéball.

"You deserve a rest Delphox, you did really well," Malva agreed, also returning her Delphox to her pokéball.

This was it, now both trainers were just down to their aces. Houndoom verses Lucario.

"We're both down to one final pokémon, this sure will be a close battle," Kyra noticed.

"You still have Heliolisk and Meowstic don't you?" Malva asked, now her suspicions could finally be confirmed.

Kyra shook her head, "Talonflame's Flare Blitz managed to knock out Heliolisk thanks to Dry Skin, I expected that to happen so I made sure to use Volt Switch to make it look like it had worked normally. As for Meowstic, she may seem like she is still raring to battle, but she was hit with one of the Will-O-Wisps, I'm sure you can guess the rest, that's why I withdrew her when I did."