Chapter 57 - Preventing Destruction

Kyra and Lysandre Mega Evolved their pokémon. To Kyra's relief, Lysandre had returned Pyroar to hus pokéball for the tune being, making Kyra panic a little less. It was stressful enough as it was, not having Pyroar around to tamper with Kyra's plan.

As Lysandre made his first call for Hydro Pump, Kyra made a counter call for Flash Cannon before jumping up onto the podium Yveltal was trapped on.

Yveltal was even bigger now that Kyra was on the same level as him, she felt so small compared to him as if she'd be incapable of helping him. But she had to try.

Thanks to the shock collar, Yvetal was in so much pain he had lost all control, one wrong move and it would be over. Kyra had tried talking to Yveltal to calm his temper, but he couldn't hear her.

Kyra noticed the collar was tightly attached around Yveltal's ankle, it wouldn't be easy to remove. Especially with Yveltal so enraged, he wouldn't make this easy.

Yveltal, please listen to us. Kyra and I are trying to help you.

But Yveltal couldn't hear Kyra's aura this time. 

Yveltal began preparing an attack, one that Kyra recognised to be Phantom Force.

Kyra knew that Phantom Force took a little while to set up, so she glanced over to Lucario and Gyarados' battle. From what she could see, Lucario was holding her own well against Gyarados. As Lucario got off an Aura Sphere that dealt a lot more damage than what Kyra was expecting, she figured that Gyarados no longer had its secondary Flying Type when he Mega Evolved. This was good, it gave Lucario that extra chance and it meant she could use Bone Rush in the future.

After the quick glance, Kyra looked back to Yveltal to see him disappear as part of Phantom Force. She focused her aura and hoped that it would help protect her from Yveltal's attack. But as she and her aura only drew blanks, they began to lose hope.

"Why do I have a feeling this isn't going to end well for me?" Kyra thought, unless she figured out where Yveltal was going to attack from soon, she would have no time to move out of the way.

I'm sorry. I can't figure out where he is. We're the target, but I don't know where from. I'm scared you're going to get hurt. Yveltal's strong, especially now when he has little control of himself.

At hearing how lost for hope her aura was, Kyra as well as knew she was going to be hit with Phantom Force.

Seconds later, she sensed Yveltal appear behind her, and the next thing she knew was being flung over to the other side of the podium, hitting one of the metal pillars hard. But that wasn't the worst of the attack.

As Kyra landed awkwardly on her right leg, she felt and heard it crack broke. she could barely cope with the pain, feeling as if she was going to throw up. She hadn't remembered breaking a bone before, she didn't know what to do. But all that being said, she knew she had no choice but to put up with the pain until she managed to calm to Yveltal. Holding back her tears was near impossible now. Her pain, her fear, her anger. A mix of emotions she didn't know how to deal with.

"Yveltal, you have to listen to me! I can tell how much pain you're in, it must be horrible, but you need to let me help you!" she cried.

Yveltal looked down towards Kyra, making her feel even worse than she already did. He began charging another attack, the same one he had used when Kyra had walked into the room to begin with. The sinking feeling of impending doom and what Malva had warned her about earlier panicked her. Oblivion Wing - it was the only attack that made sense to give Kyra the fears she was having.