Chapter 74 - Sunken In

"Before we go back to the restaurant, can we go to Prism Tower quickly please? I dropped something from the top and want to see if I can find it," Kyra asked.

Siebold nodded, "Yeah of course, no worries. Do you want my help?"

"Thanks, yeah, I'd appreciate the help looking. It's just a braclet, so not the end of the world if we don't find it, but it would be nice to if we can," Kyra replied, hiding the real reason she wanted to check Prism Tower. If Lysandre wasn't there, then there was a slim chance he might be alive somehow. If he was, then she was in for a nasty shock, but at least that way she'd know for sure.

Siebold felt sorry for Kyra, Diantha had told him the brief of what had happened with Lysandre just so he didn't bring anything up that might upset Kyra. He could guess why Kyra really wanted to go to Prism Tower, but he played along for Kyra's sake.

Blastoise stayed away from Lysandre as a topic too, knowing that Kyra could understand pokémon from what Diantha and Gardevoir had said. He wanted to be of as much help as he could to Kyra since he sensed just how strong of a trainer she was.

"Blastoise seems to have taken a shine to you," Siebold commented, noticing that Blastoise was happily chatting to Kyra. "He's normally quite shy, but with you he seems to have opened up."

Kyra smiled, "He's really sweet, well behaved too."

Siebold smiled back, "He's really loyal, he was my first pokémon when I started travelling. I always knew I wanted to train Water Types since I grew up in Cyllage City, but since I didn't really connect with any of the Froakie at the Lab, Professor Sycamore introduced me to a Squirtle who is now fully evolved into Blastoise. We've always had each other's backs."

Blastoise nodded, "Apart from in the kitchen, Siebold doesn't trust me since I can be a bit clumsy."

Kyra laughed, "Not as clumsy as I can be sometime I expect."

"So you really can understand pokémon?" Siebold questioned, wondering what Blastoise had said to Kyra.

Kyra nodded, "It's why I care so much for my pokémon, they tell me what I can do to improve and I act upon it to make training and bonding a better experience for them all."

"That's really cool, I'd love to be able to understand my pokémon like that. I try my best with Blastoise and the rest of my team, but it gets a bit hard sometimes when I don't know for sure what I can do to help them," Siebold replied, envious of Kyra's ability.

Blastoise told Kyra that he felt Siebold's training methods were solid, much better than what he feared they would become at one point, telling her that the rest of Siebold's pokémon felt the same way. Kyra relayed the message, glad to see how happy Siebold looked that he knew he was doing well as a trainer.

They soon reached Centrico Plaza which housed Prism Tower and they looked around the grassy areas surrounding the tower's base.

"I don't sense his aura anywhere near here," Lucario said via her aura so that Siebold and Blastoise didn't figure out the real reason why Kyra wanted to check here.

A little flicker of hope lit up within Kyra, all was not lost yet with Lysandre. But then again, that could have been what Diantha and Andi wanted to talk about back in the hospital, Diantha and Gardevoir had been gone for a long time afterall. That little flicker of hope burnt out as quickly as it had been lit, spiraling Kyra into a complete loss of control over her emotions.

Lucario sensed Kyra spiral out of control and she hugged her, hoping to provide as much comfort as she could. She didn't know what to do to help, the sheer number of emotions emanating from Kyra were overwhelming for Lucario, let alone Kyra who was feeling all those negative emotions. Loss of hope, fear, frustration, despair, tiredness, and those were just the main ones.