Chapter 40 - Eternal Seasons

Since Kyra had already had breakfast whilst out with Malva, she told Nate and Willow about the date whilst everyone else ate. Nate and Willow could tell just how happy Kyra was having gone on the date, she and Malva certainly stood a good chance with one another. Although Kyra had left out what they had talked about over dinner since Nate and Willow weren't aware of Lysandre being her father.

"At least Malva was able to calm you down in that storm. Nate and I were so worried," Willow replied.

Kyra nodded, "She was great, I can't thank her enough."

"No wonder, this is the first time you've been through a thunderstorm without your comfort scarf, so the fact that Malva managed to calm you down is amazing," Nate added.

Kyra was relieved that Nate and Willow weren't being funny about her potential relationship with Malva. They really were the best friends she could wish for  supportive, understanding, and great company.

Once everyone was ready, the group headed onto Route 15 to head towards Dendemille Town where they planned to stay the night in one of the cabins you could rent out. For Route 15 though, the group wanted to get some training done, Nate had told them how pretty the Route was, so the group planned to train and have a picnic.

Since Kyra's favourite season was Autumn, she fell in love with Route 15 on the spot. The beautiful orange, red, and yellow leaves on the trees and the leaf piles that had piled up on the floor. Kyra couldn't get enough of it. The leaves would be perfect for training with.

"See, I told you that you'd love it. Shall we meet back her about midday ish unless someone finds a better place to meet?" Nate replied, putting forward his suggestion of a meeting spot.

Kyra and Willow agreed, everyone heading off to find somewhere to train.

Lucario ran on ahead whilst Kyra admired the views, she soon found a good training spot and called Kyra over.

There were plenty of leaf piles, and enough space to train without them too. Kyra thanked Lucario and sent the rest of her pokémon out, thinking about who would train best with who.

The surrounding tactic that Team Flare had used yesterday had made Kyra realise where her pokémon's weaknesses lay. It would be ideal to have more coverage for Fighting Types and against Psychic Types, Kyra had an idea, so that was one pairing already sorted out. It would be nice to have some sort of healing ability within the Team, and Kyra figured Delphox would be the best one for that, leaving Meowstic and Heliolisk to train with Lucario. It helped since Kyra had noticed Lucario was much more confident in blocking close range attacks than far range ones, and since Meowstic and Heliolisk liked battling from afar, it gave all three of them worthwhile training.

Before going to work with Gallade and Absol, Kyra got her phone out to show Delphox what Wish looked like. She had originally hoped that Delphox was capable of learning Heal Pulse since it would be quicker than having to wait for Wish to come into play, but it was better than nothing. If anything did happen when battling Team Flare, Kyra felt it necessary to have something to fall back on in the worse case scenario.

Delphox agreed it was a good idea to have Wish as a last resort, and she got to work trying to master it.  

Kyra went over to Gallade and Absol, having had them do some accuracy training against the leaf piles. Both pokémon were enjoying themselves, glad that Kyra had let them train together.

"Your accuracy is really improving, nice work," Kyra praised, although Gallade hadn't had any issues battling close range, she had wanted him to work on a far range use of Psycho Cut too, so this accuracy training was unbeknownst to him to be psyching himself up for that.