Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

If I become I parent one day, I would definitely give my children a choice. I would let them live the way they want because it's their life. I know I'll worry a little bit, but if they can become independent and live on their own, life is already a win-win situation.

I know this is not what I would say to my mother. I just can't stop thinking about it.

・  ・  ・

"Make yourself pretty before he comes," my mom comes into my room and says straight to my face.

Though I don't want to do it, I do my hair and put on light makeup. I don't wear much foundation, so I won't apply it today as usual. I just do eyeliner and mascara on my eyes and then apply a light-colored lipstick as a finishing touch. When I look at myself in the mirror, I remember what Harry usually said to me. "You have beautiful skin." That's why I usually don't wear foundation. "You're pretty." And that's why I always don't wear so much makeup.

I almost hear Harry's voice. Is this also because I'm wearing makeup?

I push all those thoughts, go back to my mom's, and show my appearance. "Is this okay?"

She nods. "Good. Now he'll come soon so let's wait for it."

I return to my room and get myself relaxed. I just left the apartment where I lived with Harry yesterday, and now I'm going to meet another guy. This is crazy.

I think I shouldn't have come back here yesterday, even if I was homeless.

Despite such a depressing mood, I wait for that guy to come.

When the intercom rings, the first one to react is my mom, of course. She quickly runs to the door and opens it. I follow her to the door, too.

I still don't look at the guy's face because I'm a little scared. "Hi," he says, but the voice is so familiar to me.

My body instantly freezes up. Then I look up at him. "Kyle?!"

"Athena?" he says, surprised. "You're Judy's daughter?"

We both are surprised now. This time my mom opens her mouth, "You two know each other?"

I slowly nod.

She now shows a big smile. "That's great! You guys can move in already!"

This is pretty awkward, you know. I used to kinda like Kyle, and have feelings, I don't know, but I indeed felt something special to him, but when he caught me when I was with Harry, our relationship broke down. And now, we resume in this way.

"You're pretty," he says to me, getting close to me.

"Thanks."

I wonder why. It's the same compliment, but I feel completely different when Harry says it to me than when Kyle says it to me.

"You two should go on a date now." I hear my mom say, gesturing for me to go with him.

"Now?" I ask.

"There's no problem, right?"

I know it's unless to say anything to this person, so I nod in resignation.

Then Kyle holds my hand quite tightly. "Okay, let's go!"

There is an expensive car parked around the house, and I realize that I've forgotten how rich he was. I've been to his house once, and it was the biggest house I had ever seen.

He opens the door for me, I get on, and he gently closes it. I know he's a gentleman.

"Where are we going?" I ask, looking at his side.