The Hyderabadi Ghar

Start from the beginning

⠄・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄

"Junaid, ab tum wapas aagaye Riyadh se, to hum logon ke saath shift hojao. Baba ku bhi sukoon hojata, and our house isn't small. We'll all live happily under one roof. Main Mehjabeen ki shaadi ka bhi sonchraun, to ab tumara support zaruri hai meku." Faisal Bhai, placed a hand on my left shoulder as he verbalized, with the worry lines on his forehead. I held his hand in mine and gave him an answer in affirmative which lit up his face.

"Main Ja'far, Shoaib aur Shahzeb unlog ku bhejtaun, tum poora kaam unlogon se karalo, theek hai?" He informed me, and told me about when they'll all gather at my place to begin the moving. There isn't much to move, since most of the luggage is still packed, so it won't be a huge issue.

My handsome lads arrived at evening time and gave me warm hugs, and respectfully greeted Tabassum which had us smiling brightly.

"Junaid mama, aap baitho ji araam se. Aisa kaiku phir rey? Yeh hai na poori team, hum Logan karlete sab. Aap khaali mami ku chai bana do bolo, sai mein bhot time hogaya, unke haath ki chai pee ke." The eldest nephew, Shahzeb smilingly voiced out, carrying the carton boxes towards the pick-up they hired, carefully dodging the other boys.

"Jaddu, where are your kids? I thought they'll be back by this time." Shoaib questioned swiping his gaze around the house, to find signs of my great progeny.

"Unlogan kab paani-puri khaye baghar aana. Afreen to Talha ka wallet khaali karey jab tak nai chhodtey. Pagal hai yeh bacchey." I replied to them all, to which Shoaib cackled the loudest. Ja'far only gave him a disapproving look and sipped his tea, calculating what else had to be done.

"Waisey Chachu, aap bhot bigaad diye aapke bacchon ku. Allah Khair karey, agar Afreen sunliye na yeh baat, phawda le ke Jaan ke picchey padh jaingey humlogon ke." Salman secretly remarked, leaning a little closer to me and we all erupted into chuckles as I nodded my head at my child's daringness. Right then, our heads turned towards the loud gasp that echoed from the entrance.

Afreen Ahmed stood covering the entire door with her arms, with an olive scarf messily sitting on her head, her Abaya stained with different sauces and eyes burning with fury, shooting the infamously death glare. Shoaib almost dropped his cup of tea at the sudden dangerous appearance and adjusted himself to properly have a look at her, exhaling a breath of relief.

A frustrated Arooba struggled her way out of Afreen's barricade and rushed to her room grumbling stuff under her breath, and stomping her feet. Zero attention was paid to the visitors from my older daughter's side, as she flew inside, with her Abaya trailing behind.

"Amma hato! Dusrey insaan'aan bhi hai tumhare picchey. Rastey mein thair ke look dere ino." Muttered a Talha, trying to peep inwards while he was harshly shoved in the ribs.

"Kya boley tum?! Oh, I'll show you what risking your life is today!" Afreen growled, glaring at Salman who looked scared out of his wits, while Shahzeb jumped in and blocked her sight.

"Afreen beti, won't you meet me? Badey bhai se bhi ghussa?"

The thundering ox calmed down seeing him while she lowered her head in Salam with deference, and was lovingly patted back. She then shot an individual glare to Salman, Shoaib and Zahid and plopped down beside me, coolly swinging an arm around my shoulders. I actually do get confused at these acts, thinking whether I'm their father or their long lost best friend. But, who cares?

"So, Abbu. Why're these good-for-nothings here?" She shamelessly queried having perfect fun at their offended stances, as they narrowed their eyes at her. Well, Ja'far had a poker face and Shahzeb chortled lightly, being the exceptions.