"How do you feel?"

"It feels good to be soaking but I don't know how long it'll last."

"It won't have to. I'm taking you to the spa."

"The spa?"

"Yea, I thought we could go get massages, get in the sauna, just take the day to relax."

"I've...never been a spa before."

"You nervous or something?"

"Yea.."

"Why?"

"You're the only man who's seen me naked since I was 16!"

"You won't be naked, mama. They'll cover what's important." I smirk looking at her. It's funny how much has changed in such a little time. Two months ago we would've had to have this conversation on opposite sides of the door. It feels good to know she trusts me. I'm sure she feels freer this way but I know she also does this for me. Not having sex is hard for me. It's the main way I've learned to show how I feel about a woman. That and buying her things. Genevieve has made me change my approach. She's not materialistic and she doesn't have sex! It's taking me a while to figure out how to impress her and show her how I feel. Grand gestures and comments about her body don't excite her. She appreciates the simple things. The things that show that you listen and you care. I've never had to be a good listener. Most of the women I've messed with were just happy getting dick everyday. Mayte needed both. She needed money and sex to satisfy her and I never seemed to have enough but Genevieve doesn't need any of it. Why does she want me? I'm not sure what I've done to impress her, to hold her attention for so long. When we met I was angry and wrapped up in my marriage but somehow even through that she saw something. I wonder what she sees. "Anyway, I wanted to know what you wanted for breakfast. Our appointment isn't until later. I thought you might want to take a nap since didn't sleep well." She smiles a little, the gold in her eyes shining.

"An omelette would be nice."

"What kind of omelette you want, mama?"

"Vegetables and cheese."

"Alright. I'll make the call and let you know when it gets here." I get up from the counter and walk back to the bedroom closing the door as I leave. I call room service and order our breakfast before deciding to lay back down.

Why did she choose me? What did I do? What could I have possibly done to make her feel this way about me? She's so smart and courageous and funny and outgoing and talented and beautiful. It's not that I'm not also those things. I just think she could do better. I want to give her everything I have. I want her to have the world but somehow nothing feels like enough. Nothing feels good enough. She deserves the best of everything and I just don't know if I can give her everything she deserves.

"Babe, I need your help." Her voice is sweet, lulling me out of my thoughts. I walk back to the bathroom and she's exactly where I left her. Most of the bubbles have dissolved and she seems to be in less pain. "My legs fell asleep. Can you help me up?"

"Of course, mama. You ready?"  She nods and I hold out my hand. She takes it in hers and holds the ledge with the other. Carefully, she stands gripping my hand tight. Her legs wobble beneath her. I grip her arm to stabilize her and she is able to take her first step. Once she's out of the tub, without letting go of her hand, I hand her a towel. She takes it, drying off quickly, then, securing the towel around her body. I stand watching her, waiting for her to say she needs me but she doesn't. She just holds my hand and leads me back to the bed. She pulls a shirt from her suitcase on the floor and throws it on, discarding the towel. When she turns around, I see it's one of mine. I smile at her as she joins me in bed, curling up beside me. I take in her scent, the peppermint and lavender and the oils in her hair. This is my happy place. She moves a little when there's a knock on the door. I move to check it out but she puts her hand on my chest. My heart stops under her gentle touch and I instinctively lay back down.