Morning Introspectives

Genevieve's POV

Dressed in his shirt and wrapped in his arms is how I fell asleep last night. Even now as I stir awake, his body is pressed up against mine, holding me close. I stretch lightly straightening my legs and back. He grips me tighter not wanting me to go. I smirk turning in his arms to face him. He immediately adjusts to this new position but remains asleep. I examine his face a little and smile at the pure bliss on his face. I place my lips on his softly, immediately bringing a smirk to his lips. I pull away and he smiles at me with unopened eyes.

"Well, good morning to you too." His low baritone voice murmurs.

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"Genny, every time you spend the night you make breakfast. Don't you want to sleep in?" I chuckle softly.

"I'm already awake."

"Just stay here with me, baby. I'll take care of it. I promise." His words shock me a little. He's never been so affectionate in the morning and he's definitely never called me baby. Last night he proved a lot to me. Every moment we shared made me feel like the only woman in the world. Maybe dating him could be okay.

Groggily, he releases my waist and rolls over picking up the phone. He presses the button to call down to the kitchen and begins speaking softly into the phone.

"Can we have waffles, eggs, and sausage, please? How do we want the eggs? Scrambled."

"With cheese." I groan rolling over to the cold side of the bed.

"With cheese. Mhm. Two coffees and orange juice. You know how I like mine. Hers? Put cinnamon and some sugar on the tray. Oh and the honey and a banana, too. Thank you, Susan." I hear him put the phone down but decide not move. "What're your over there for?"

"Wasn't it your idea for me to sleep in?"

"Not without me. Come here."

"I can't hear you, I'm sleeping." I sing softly not budging an inch. I feel a the bed dip behind me as he moves closer. His body conforms to mine and he rests his hand on my hip. Slowly he traces patterns across my upper leg. The repeated motion comforts me and lulls me back to sleep.

Prince's POV

A gentle knock brings me back to life and I carefully open my eyes. I smile seeing Genevieve's resting body in front of me. Pulling her closer to me I nuzzle into her back before closing my eyes again. The knock interrupts again and I decide to see who it is. Climbing out of bed, being sure to cover Genny in blankets before I leave, I make my way to the door. Wiping my eyes I open it. Susan smiles with the cart full of the breakfast I placed earlier this morning.

"You didn't answer the last time I came up, I thought you might've slept in. Don't worry, I kept it warm and made fresh coffee."

"Thank you. What time is it?"

"It's almost 11:30. Is Genevieve awake yet?" I look back at the bed and smile before turning back to the door.

"No, she's still sleeping."

"Well, you can tell her I made everything the way she likes. Enjoy your breakfast."

"Thank you, Susan." She smiles and walks away disappearing down the hall.

I wheel the tray into the room and push it out onto the balcony. When I come back inside, I lay next to Genevieve who has now turned to face my direction. I smirk before kissing her lips like she did to me hours ago. She chuckles after kissing me back, her eyes fluttering open as we pull away.

"Good morning." I smile sitting up with my legs crossed.

"Good morning to you, too." She puts her left arm straight up into the air, some of her bones popping at the height of the stretch. Then, she wiggles her fingers and lets her arm fall on the pillow behind her head. "Is the breakfast here?" She yawns sitting up on her elbow.