Expect The Unexpected

Genevieve's POV

Sitting on the floor I sip water and catch my breath. I finished working with Madonna a little over a week ago. It was hard and things didn't come together until the very last second, but shes happy with what we were able to accomplish and she promised we'd work together again soon. We just finished a rehearsal with the band and things are coming together here too. Whenever Prince leaves they continue to rehearse and Prince and I never seem to stop rehearsing so we're all on the same page.

I look over and see Prince talking to the band. He looks over for a second with a gentle smile. His eyes show concern as I continue to struggle to breathe. I give him a thumbs up to tell him I'm okay. He raises his eyebrows and tilts his head not believing me. I hold up my hand weakly and he shrugs before turning back to the band. I lay down and close my eyes in an effort to center myself. The cold concrete floor feels soothing on my hot skin. Slowly my breath returns to normal and I feel at ease. A gentle click clack grows louder in my ear before stopping just above my head. Some shuffling later, I turn my head and  immediately feel a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Hey, Prince."

"Hey, Genny babe. How're you holding up?"

"Good. Just trying to get reacquainted with the music."

"You looked good out there today, mama."

"I did? I felt like a chicken with no head."

"Mhm, you're starting to live in the music."

"How do you think we sound?"

"Everything sounds good, but there is something I want to change."

"What is it?"

"I want you to take over during Take Me With U." My face furls as I open my eyes and I turn to look at him. The twinge of green in his hazel eyes tells me he's serious.

"Why? What about Lisa?"

"Well, its kind of our song and I don't know... I want to sing with you."  He smiles a shy youthful smile. The smile a boy gives a girl after their first kiss. An innocent smile that warms my heart. "I already talked to Lisa and she doesn't mind. It was actually kind of her idea."

"Really?"

"Yea, she noticed that I can't help but look at you whenever we sing it. I uh... I told her about our first date and she told me we should sing it together."

"I don't know, Prince. You really think I could do it?"

"I know you think its a little high but I've heard you sing higher notes. We can work on it this week and try it out next rehearsal. If you don't like it we won't but I think it could be magical."

"I trust you, but lets not work on it today."

"Okay, baby. Is there something you do want to do today?"

"Other than shower, not really. I have an open mind." A figure moves in the distance and we both turn our heads. I smile seeing Ronnie approach the stage.

"Package for you Miss Genevieve."

"For me?" I smile a little shocked. I wasn't expecting anything. Ronnie climbs the stairs and joins on the stage before handing me a large flat white cardboard box with a large pink bow.

"Who's it from?" Prince asks scooting closer. I look around the box but don't see a label.

"It doesn't say." I lift the top of the box and see a thick layer of pink tissue paper with a little white card taped to the front.

"Had this made just for you, Girly Pop. Hope you like it!

P.S. You'll have to get your own furs."