Runway

Genevieve's POV

I woke up early and was grateful I took the time to pack last night. Our last show in Detroit was last night and I have to be at the airport in about an hour. I grab my suitcases and prepare to hobble over to Prince's room. He told me he'd make sure my things got on the bus so I didn't have to travel with them for the less than a day I was gone.

"Hey, stranger." A familiar voice says with a smirk causing me to jump.

"What're you doing out here?!" I whisper punching Prince's arm and dropping one of my bags.

"I had a thought."

"What is it? Do you need a pen like last time?" I hurriedly pick up my bag and start sifting through it. He takes my bag and puts it behind his back.

"I'm coming with you."

"To New York?"

"Yea." He smiles softly.

"I like that thought."

"I'm glad. I'll put your stuff in my room and then we can leave."

He grabs my luggage and disappears down the hallway. When he returns he's in completely different clothes. In a black leather suit and red accents he matches me perfectly. I'm sure someone will be upset that he isn't wearing a purple trench coat and a white shirt but I know he's happy for the change.

Fashion is something we are both passionate about. Silhouettes, fabrics, textures, patterns, it's all so fascinating to us. I think it's one of the reasons he finds me so attractive. My proportions are so unique that all of my clothes require very specific tailoring to achieve the proper shape. In my bright red shoes and matching bustier under a black leather women's suit with high shoulder pads, I look like a sexy modern business woman although my skirt is not office appropriate. Together we are a perfect pair.

He holds my hand tight as we walk outside to the waiting car. It speeds to the airport and we make it to our terminal in more than enough time.

"Would you like something from the vending machine?" He asks leaning over.

"A Coke."

"A soda today?" He asks shocked. I don't normally like fizzy drinks, too much sugar for me most of the time.

"I didn't have time for coffee this morning and I don't trust the coffee in the airport."

"Did you eat?" I shake my head. "Want something to eat too?"

"No, thank you."

"Alright. I'll be back." He stands up and walks off quickly. I am careful as I put my feet up in his now empty chair, hoping no one will ask me to sit there. I close my eyes for the moment and do my best to relax.

The clicking of heels tells me he's coming back. Without looking I move and allow him to take his seat.

"You alright, mama?" I nod softly, holding out my hand for the Coke. After a few moments he hands it to me. "It's open."

"Thank you, baby." I take a sip of the drink and enjoy its cold effervescence. The caffeine and sugar surges through my body and alleviates my tiredness just a little.

We board the plane, uneventfully and spend the entire flight in a comfortable silence. He keeps my hand in his, occasionally kissing my knuckles when we experience turbulence.

When we land, we find Antoine standing near our terminal holding a large box.

"It's so good to see you both again!" He smiles setting the box down to open his arms. I walk over to him with a smile, hugging him gently. He looks at Prince and they nod at each other before shaking hands.