Interpersonal Exploration (Roles Reversed)

Genevieve's POV

Alone in my apartment, I reminisce about the past few months. In bed wearing one of his shirts, I close my eyes and think of Prince. Still can't believe he's my boyfriend. After the premiere, he stayed in LA taking interview after interview. I watched each one proudly knowing this is a journey we were on together. When he got back, he took me up to the lake for our first date as a couple. It was cut short because of paparazzi and we ended up having a picnic on the Paisley Park lawn. I smile looking at the branch sitting in my bedroom window sill. In our haste, this branch ended up in our picnic basket as we ran from the reporters. I asked him if I could keep it and it's been there ever since. Prince has taken me in a few dates since then, out to dinner, to the movies, bowling and it's all been wonderful. The mix of elaborate luxury dates and simplistic fun dates keeps things interesting. I put this shirt on because I miss him dearly right now. He went back to LA to sort things out with the record company, do some recording, and make some new connections. I know all those things are important and that trips like these will never end but, selfishly, I wish he was here with me.

Prince's POV

I get off the plane and head straight to the pay phone. These past two weeks were a nightmare. I'm hungry, I'm tired, and I want my woman. I called her everyday while I was gone, telling her everything that happened and how badly I wanted to see her. I dial a number I know by heart and wait for her to pick up. The phone clicks on my ear and before she can even say hello I begin to speak.

"Hey, I just got back in town. Can I come see you?"

"Sure, you hungry?"

"Starving, all I had was those complimentary pretzels. You cooking tonight?"

"No, I was going to order pizza or something." I'm tired of pizza. Pizza is half of everything I ate in LA. I think about something else we could eat and decide on Chinese.

"How about Chinese?"

"Ooooh, good call. I'll order it if you pick it up on your way here."

"Deal, anything else you want?"

"Wine?"

"What pairs with Chinese food?"

"Riesling, champagne, or a white Pinot something."

"Alright. I should be there in an hour."

"Okay. See you soon!"

Genevieve's POV

"God answers prayers!" I squeal getting out of bed. Without anyone visiting my apartment has gotten a little out of control. I work quickly putting away dishes and picking up clothes. We're never doing this shit again. I'm angry with myself for letting it get this bad but it doesn't matter because I'm fixing it now.

As my apartment comes together, I start to get excited. My baby is coming home and he's coming straight to me. I've occupied my time with auditions. I must've had one everyday last week and I still have more. I'm excited to be able to just lay in the house with him for a while. I look at the clock and see 45 minutes has already passed. Hurriedly, I shower and change into a crop top and sweats before coming out to set the table. I pull out silverware and begin reaching for plates when I hear a strange knock on the door. I walk over and open it and there he is. I close the door behind him and follow him into the kitchen.

Why didn't you use your key?" I ask reaching for the cabinet. He plops all the bags on the counter dramatically before turning to face me. I chuckles and continue grabbing bowls and glasses.

"What no 'welcome home' kiss? No,'baby it's good to see you'? Nothing?" He leans on the counter feigning anger. Awww, he missed me. I put down the glass I'm holding and walk up to him with a gentle smile. My body feels hot as he pulls me closer to him. Standing between his legs, I kiss him and put my arms in my favorite place.