Later That Night

Genevieve's POV

Dressed for dinner and the lounge I wait in my living room. Prince said he'd pick me up at 8 and it's about that time. I'm wearing a long burgundy dress. Its my take on a the slip dresses people have been wearing lately. The top slouches allowing a bit of cleavage. The dress hugs my curves but I added a bit of flare at the bottom to help balance my proportions. My hair is pulled up into a bun with two strands hanging down in the front. My favorite burgundy lip and brown smoke around the eyes to bring drama to my face while, my favorite simple diamond studs offer an elegant accent. I paired it all with a simple gold heel.

A car honks outside and I make my way out of my apartment. I wave at Prince, who is wearing a ruffle shirts and sparkly black pants, as I get into his car.

"Hey, G."

"Hey, P."

"You look incredible. What's the inspiration?"

"I've been trying this new silhouette."

"Why wear it tonight?"

"I wanted to look nice for dinner and be comfortable for the lounge."

"I can see that. Well we're here." I look out the windshield and see a beautifully lit Italian restaurant. We walk inside and spot the band across the room in a secluded area. The other ladies weren't interested in dinner and opted to meet us at the club. Quietly, we walk over to the table and take our seats.

"Look who decided to join us." Andre exclaims gesturing at me.

"It's nice to see you too." I smile picking up the menu.

"Hello, can I get you started with something to drink?" A woman in a white shirt and black slacks asks as she appears beside us.

"A water, please." I ask not looking up from the menu. Prince echoes my drink choice and the server walks away. Everyone has settled into a conversation with the people beside them leaving Prince and I out. I look at him out of the corner of my eye and he smiles at me knowingly.

Prince's POV

"You don't know what to order do you?"

"Not at all. Any recommendations?"

"I think you'll like the chicken piccata with rice."

"What's a piccata?" She ask as she tries to locate it on the menu. I chuckle looking over at her menu and pointing to it.

"It's coated in something then fried. Then, they add butter and capers. They usually serve it with pasta but I know how you feel noodles."

"What're you getting?"

"Andre said the lasagna is good. I'll probably try that. What wine goes with red sauce?"

"What's the protein?"

"I think sausage."

"Zinfandel or a Merlot." The waitress comes back and hands us our waters before asking for everyone's food orders. Genny orders last and gets the chicken piccata with risotto and a glass of Chardonnay.

"Do you really remember all those wine pairings?" I ask as she hands off her menu.

"Once you know what goes with red and what goes with white everything else can come down to preference."

"You'll have to teach my one day." I smirk.

"Maybe I will."

"Can y'all believe we have a week left?" Miko asks from across the table.

"It's been one hell of a ride. Glad it all worked out!" Bobby responds sipping something. The waitress returns with two more servers in tow. They place each plate and in front of its owner and bow before leaving. Another person walks over moments later pouring Genevieve's wine. As everyone begins to dig in, I watch Genny prepare to eat. She unfolds her napkin placing it in her lap. Then, she lays out her silverware and repositions her glasses. With her knife and fork finally in hand, she picks at her food, tasting everything in small bites.