thirty-four

Sunday 17th July 2022

Today Ned is coming over, only because they thought that it was whooping cough and that is extremely contagious so they weren't really letting Peter around anyone.

Thankfully it isn't whooping cough which means Peter can see Ned again. Pepper and Tony invited the woman and her son over again. Peter is still in his headspace but Ned hadn't minded when Pepper had called his mum earlier.

Peter has his big Lego brick collection pulled out. Of course they are the ones made for toddlers because of Peter liking to chew and suck on everything. Literally everything. Peppers hair, her clothes, Tony's clothes, theirs been Tony's nipples before, his beard but Peter's favourite is her nipples cause he's a constantly hungry baby boy.

For example, he's currently having his morning feed which has tended to extent longer as Peter has been drinking more, this is why he's been going through more diapers too. And he's been chewing through his pacifiers nipple but Pepper is sure that he's doing that as a more unconscious decision.

Friday's voice rings out "Mrs Boss, I'd like to inform you that Ned Leeds and his mother is here." The artificial intelligence states and Peter looks up to the ceiling with a coo and a noise of delight. "That's okay Fri, send them up to this floor." She then turns her attention to her baby.
"Your friend is here now Petey. Are you excited" Peter wiggles and Pepper laughs at the movement.

The elevator doors open and the woman with her son look admiringly around at the homely environment. Pepper ushers the two over and Peter gets more excited the closer Ned gets "dow' mama!" Peter screaches next to Pepper's ear. She chuckles and presses a kiss to his head.
"Let me know if you need a change, okay?" Pepper says to Peter and the boy nods his head before crawling off with a bit of a crawling waddle. The diaper really does make Peter look adorable some times.

"Ned, could I get you anything, any snacks or drinks." Pepper questions, Ned shakes his head.
"No thank you Mrs Stark." Ned answers politely and Pepper is quick to correct the very formal sentance "It's Pepper, Mrs Stark makes me feel old. And the same goes to you Mrs Leeds." Ned nods before making his way over to where Peter is slobbering all over the lego in his hand.

"My name is Martha, I am so glad Ned and Peter are hitting it off, Ned doesn't have many friends and it's nice to see someone who will play with him and enjoy it." Pepper hums in agreement, she then makes the woman a cup of tea, she can't have coffee with breastfeeding.

The mothers talk while the boys play with the lego, after a moment Peter stands up and waddles his way over to Pepper, she can see the wet diaper hanging.

"Mama we'" He says while holding his arms up for her, Pepper scoops him into her arms "I'll be back in a moment Martha, I'm gonna change his bottom and then let him get back to playing."

She takes him into the bathroom where she makes quick work of wiping him down and running her fingers in the leg holes to make sure the fit is snug. She helps him up and re-fastens the onesie, but Peter grunts and pulls his legs away when she tries to put his shorts back on.
"No pan's mama" Peter states in defiance, Pepper sighs.
"Okay baby, not putting the shorts back on, only because we are in our own home though." Pepper pats him bum once he's stood and hoists him into her arms, Peter snuggles up.

"Are you and Ned having fun?" Pepper questions as she's walking back and Peter starts to ramble in baby blabber, Pepper smiles at how happy he seems.

Once back In the living room she places Peter on the floor next to Ned and they get straight back to where they were playing. She sits back down next to Martha.

"Sorry about that, he's been a bit off colour this past week, we've been giving him extra fluids to try and wash it out of his system" Pepper apologies but Martha just gives a wave of her hand "nonsense, you don't have to apologise for changing your babies diaper, especially in your own home. And is the poor boy alright now, feeling better I hope" The older woman says, remembering when her own son was in diapers.

"He's much better now, thank you for asking. It was just a bad case of the flu" Pepper lies, the other woman nods. They soon fall into quiet chatter which was only broken by the sound of Ned's stomach releasing a loud, angry growl. Pepper turns to look at him "Ned, honey, would you like me to make you something eat, it's around time for Peter to have something too." Pepper offers and Ned's face goes bright red "I didn't want to ask. I'm sorry" he states softly.
"You wouldn't ever get in trouble for asking for food." Pepper assures while bending down to hoist Peter into her arms again and just as suspected he starts rooting slightly but Pepper goes over too the high chair and places Peter in it, he then grabs a sleeved bib and then pours some vanilla yogurt into a bowl, placing it on the tray to occupy him until she can nurse him.

She walks over to the pantry and looks through it thoughtfully "are you both okay with pasta?" Pepper questions while grabbing a bag of pasta and some tomato sauce out. The two Leeds nod and Pepper starts preparing the food, while the pasta is boiling she goes into the fridge and pulls out some frozen frubes, the yogurt being easy for Peter's stomach, she passes the frozen treat to him and he starts sucking on it, obviously wanting his milk but being sated with the yogurt for now.

The sauce is boiling in another pot and the pasta is near done when Peter starts giving small cries. "Ma" he says and Pepper turns to see the boy with melted yogurt all over himself.

"What is it baby?" Pepper asks while turning back to the pasta.
"'ilkie" he whines, Pepper shushes him "in a moment, do you want another yogurt?" Pepper asks but Peter just grabs the bowl on his tray and pushes it off the side, leftover yogurt of the sides splatters everywhere and Pepper turns to her son with disbelief in his eyes.

She ignores him and quickly serves three plates of pasta, setting them out in front of the guests.
Pepper wipes Peters hands, not talking to him while doing so, she then pulls the bib off and lifts him out of the chair. She places him on his feet and grabs his hand, pulling him towards the corner, Peter starts whining and trying to get picked up "mama, 'ilkie" he cries. Pepper just tells him to sit down, to which he flops onto his bum.

"Fri, put a timer for 5 minutes, and if Tony is back from the mission, tell him to come upstairs"
Peter sits in the corner and sniffles, and even when the five minutes are up he wont talk or move, even though his stomach is churning with hunger. Mrs Leeds and Ned had to leave eventually and Peter was still refusing to move, she goes over to him and sits next to him. Just as Tony enters the room, Peter says some heart breaking words.

"I ha'e 'ou"