nine

Thursday 21st April 2022

With Peter being well, Pepper has to do her meeting, online of course.

And Peter has just gone down for his nap. Which should give enough time for this meeting. Tony went out on a quick mission. 

So this is just her and Peter in the house, well, only ones on the floor.

"Hey guys, I'd just like to apologies for the delay on this meeting, thankfully my sons fever broke and he is well now." Pepper starts.

As they get on with the meeting Pepper can tell something is off. And she's proven correct when tiny little feet running into her office makes her turn her head.

There is Peter with tear stained cheeks and his paci in his hand. He's sobbing and crying out 'mama'

"Peter, baby boy, what's wrong?" Pepper says, she knows that the business people can see her son in his dishevelled state. She picks him up into her arms, rocking him softly. She pats his bottom to see if he's wet but the diaper is dry.

Pepper takes Peter over to her chair, giving the people in the meeting an apologetic look.

"Baby bug, did you have a nightmare." Pepper questions rocking Peter who's still crying.

"Mama" he whimpers out. Pepper knows what he wants, what he needs to calm himself.

"Hey guys I'll get back to the meeting in a moment. He just wants his milk and then he'll probably go back sleep." Pepper informs them, she then grabs a blanket of the sofa in her office, placing it to cover her soon to be uncovered breast.

She has been wearing breastfeeding tops for accessibility. She opens the top so she can easily open the breastfeeding bra underneath. When Peter latches on, Pepper starts up butt pats. 

She continues to speak as he feeds and eventually she feels his suckling stop and she adjusts her top before wrapping the blanket around Peter and putting his pacifier between his lips.

Them she continues her final point before saying goodbye.

"Thank you all for agreeing on this. Mr Stark is going to be happy with these conditions. Now once again I am sorry for the interruption. His dad is out so I'm the one watching him right now and I had thought that he would sleep the whole meeting." Pepper apologises before ending the meeting. Looking down at the small boy in her lap, she kisses his head.

"I'm gonna go take a nap with you little bug." 

///

Pepper wakes up to movement next to her, when she opens her eyes she is met by her husband who is rocking a still sleepy Peter in his arms.

"mmh, what time is it?" she questions with a yawn, her clothes are uncomfortable as she got dressed for a fancy meeting.

"Its 20 past 12, dinner is ready, and the others are waiting.  Get changed into some comfier clothes and then we'll go down together." Tony tells her. She stretches and yawns again as she climbs out of bed.

She changes into a pair of leggings and a jumper with a bralett underneath it. she then groggily pulls herself out of bed, shit. why does her head hurt so much.

She can see Tony's worried look in her direction but ignores it.

She sits at the table when they get get down, Tony passes Peter over. Pepper shrugs her jumper off, her skin is warm and slightly clammy.

She wakes Peter up, he cries and whines until the nipple is being pushed against his lip. Pepper is giving lazy butt pats in one hand while holding her head in the other.

There is a light touch on her back and she sees Wanda.

Wanda hands her a cup of peppermint tea. Pepper gives her a grateful smile.

"How did you know?" Pepper says, grabbing the cup and sighing happily at the already soothing affect from it. Wanda pointed to her mind "I wan't trying to intrude on your thoughts, It's just that they are very loud, and loud thoughts hurt my head so i gathered that you would need some tea" Wanda smiles.

"thanks" Pepper gives a strained smile, meanwhile, Peter has finished on the left side so Pepper has to quickly swap him sides.

She eats all the food but ends up feeling rather sick and her head is pounding.

"Tony, can you put him in his bouncer or hold him. I want to go lie back down. I think I got little bug's illness" Pepper let's Tony know, Before she can even get to the elevator, Natasha and Wanda are stood at her side to help her to her room.

She's leaning on one of them and the other is stroking up and down her back. 

As they get closer to the room, Peppers body goes slacker, literally being hold up by one of the redheads. They help her climb into bed and Wanda grabs a glass of cold water.

"thank you. Oh, can you ask Bruce if it's safe for me to feed Pete if i'm sick?" Pepper mutters half asleep.

Natasha assures her that they'll ask. They don't mention that they'll get Tony to tried the bottle of milk before waking Pepper even if it is safe for him to feed off of her.

Pepper nods just as she falls asleep...

///

An hour and a half later is when Pepper wakes up.

She throws her blanket off of herself before running into the en-suit and lurches over the toilet. Throwing up all she had ate today.

"Mrs Stark, are you okay. Your temperature is a bit higher than usual." Friday asks.

"I'm fine Fri" Pepper affirms before brushing her teeth and getting back into bed. 

Closing her eyes in relief as the assault from the lights around her finally drift away.