nineteen

Thursday 2nd June 2022

Peter is dressed in a winnie the pooh onesie with a pair of grey joggers with them. Then they went and grabbed a jacket that had small writing on the front that reads 'baby Stark' with a pacifier drawing under it. His diaper is slightly bulging in the fabric of the joggers but Peter doesn't care. 

He's placed in a rear facing car seat they had made specifically for Peter. He's big at the moment but he'll definitely need to be little after he's gotten home and it's easier if they're prepared.

They grabbed the stuffie that Natasha got him so if he slips they have something on hand. 

Pepper and Tony decided to go to a more secluded Park in Queens. Sure it's in a poorer area but it looks in good condition and it's not go any drug activity nearby. Oh, also nobody would think to look for the small family in the other side of New York.

Peter is bouncing for joy when they arrive and Pepper can't contain her laugh. Even while not in his headspace he's still got antics of someone younger. Pepper and Tony don't mind. Hopefully Peter will meet someone his age because sooner or later he's gonna have to go school and he'll fair much easier with a friend.

Pepper climbs out of the car and goes around to the back seats with Tony leading. Tony helps undo the complex straps on the seat and as soon as Peter is out he's bouncing on his toes, excitedly rambling. Pepper holds his hand while Tony holds the other and as they are walking they swing him up. Peter is extremely light for his age but Pepper and Tony aren't concerned as they had been to Bruce about that. 

Once they get to the park gate Pepper and Tony lead Peter to a bench while they take his pacifier clip off and his jacket as it is quite warm. Pepper gives him a quick pat on his padded bottom to check whether or not he is wet, when she can tell he isn't she gives him two more pats to send him off. Of course with a child like Peter they do have to yell after him.

"Stay where we can see you" Pepper reminds, they had a talk before they even left the house. Peter however was so excited that she's not quite sure he heard her.

"Okay Mama!" Peter yells back before running to the slide. Pepper can feel the stares of a couple people around them but she ignores them. They can't do anything to her.

Tony is taking a video as Peter goes down the slide for the first time in what must be years. That's when Peter spots someone. 

A boy with short black hair playing with a star wars teddy in the sand pit. He has two actually.

One is obviously Luke and he's got Princess Leia in the other hand. He looks about Peters age but just to be careful he and Pepper move to a closer bench. Not quite close enough to be being a helicopter parent and not giving Peter his space but still close enough to see if anything goes wrong.

Peter waddles over to him, his diaper is slightly noticeable as it seems to have a wetting in it. He will be fine for a change for now though. He lightly taps the boy on the shoulder.

"Can I play with you?" He questions, the boy looks at him before pointing at his shirt.

"I like your Winnie top, so do you want Leia?" The boy asks and Peter nods before dropping onto his bottom, not even feeling the impact of it. 

"My names Peter, my mama and dada are sat on the bench" Peter says, not pointing out Pepper and Tony and starting to play with the teddy's hair.

"I'm Ned, how old are you Peter. I'm 14" the boy, Ned asks he's building a sand pile, then he sets the toy on top of the fragile mound.

"I'm 14 too. My mama and dada might let me get Ice cream after this, then I have to go home for a nap" Peter says with a frown. "I don't want nap but I want Ice cream. Do you want meet my mama and dada?" Peter questions and Ned looks to his mum sat on a bench near and waves her over.

The woman clambers out of the bench and makes her way to her son.

"Mum, this is Peter. He asked me if I wanna meet his mum and dad, I have to ask you first cause stranger danger" Ned asks and his mother agrees as long as she's allowed to accompany them and Peter nods before looking around to spot his mama and dada. He then grabs Ned's hand and slowly makes his way over to Pepper and Tony, Ned gasps in surprise and so does his mum.

As soon as Peter is close to his parents he lets go of Ned's hand to run towards Tony. Tony is ready to catch him.

"Hey baby" Tony coos at Peter and Peter gives and excited clap.

He points to Ned.

"Look dada, mama, I gots new fwiend" Peter is slipping, it is getting closer to his nap time, he snuggles into Tony.

"It's lovely to meet you Peter's friend. I'm Tony and this is Pepper, what's your name?" Tony questions, Peter is peaking his head over his dad's shoulder and blowing kisses at Pepper.

"Oh my Gosh." Ned says in astonishment "Hi mr Stark. I'm a huge fan. My names Ned." Ned introduces himself and his mother does too.

Peter yawns.

"Uhm, It's been lovely to meet you but it's about time that Peter get's his ice cream and goes down for his nap. However we would be happy if you joined us for ice cream. We want to get it here but we don't know any place. We're mostly wanting Peter to have some fun while having our privacy respected." Tony says, Peter is slipping a bit more now. Around 3 which isn't a common age he goes to.

"Mama" Peter whines and holds his hands out for Pepper. Tony passes the boy to his wife and Peter took his pacifier and teddy.

"He's truly adorable" Ned Leeds mum says and Peter's cheeks flush slightly.

"Thank you" Pepper says.

By this time they had started making their way to their respective cars and the Leeds car is leading Pepper and Tony.

They end up driving about five minutes before pulling up at a small but visibly loved shop. When Pepper grabs Peter out of the seat he's slightly sluggish but when Pepper mention that they're getting ice cream now he soon perked up.

"Otay mama" Peter says. He hasn't had ice cream in so long.

Peter enjoyed the Ice cream and when finished he was almost asleep. Pepper gave him butt pats and Tony was explaining Peter's headspace to Ned and Mrs Leeds. Thankfully they were very understanding and the Leeds have the Stark number and vice versa. 

And for when Peter does go school. He might just have a friend.