six

Monday 18th April 2022

Pepper and Tony knew that one day, one of them or both of them would have a business trip. 

However, they weren't expecting Peter to get ill the week his favourite person has a business trip.

So Tony is left with a tired and sick baby, or that's what he thought at least. But Peter is refusing to regress, or talk. And he's having his night time baba while facing away from Tony. Actually most of his bottle's are drunk when he's curled in the corner of some place where Tony isn't.

And even with Peppers facetime calls, Peter isn't doing great, In fact, he hasn't even cried but Tony can see that he has the need to.

And Peter was only getting sicker as the days go and now he's stopped drinking his bottle, he just sits and whimpers for his mama.

Tonight Pepper facetimes Tony and the first thing she can hear is Peters screams. Screams of frustration, frustration from not regressing and frustration from not having his mama. 

"Tones, what's wrong with my baby?" She questions, her heart is racing.

"He's really missing you Pep." Tony answers, then he turns his head in the direction of Peter's room "Pete. Mama is on the phone." he yells and small footsteps run through the house.

"MAMA!" He screeches and as soon as he sees his mama's face, he breaks. 

He wails and cries with his bottom lip pouted out.

"Mama, come home. I love dada but I want you, please" he sobs and Tony can see Peppers heart breaking, her eyes well up with tears.

"I love you too my little bear, I can't wait to hold you in my arms again, and snuggle my baby boy to sleep. Mama loves you" her voice cracks and she stutters slightly on a couple words.

"Mama, I need you to come home, when will you be home? I want your cuddles mama" he cries and Pepper can see him getting himself worked up.

"Peter baby, if mama sings you a song, will you let dada put a diaper on you and get you a baba." she asks and Peter nods his head and holds his arms out for Tony to grab him.

"I'll be back in a moment Pep" 

Pepper already knows what song Peter will ask for, his favourite song for his mama to sing. 

So when Peter is settled with his milk against Tony's side. She starts to sing.

"I never thought that you'd be the one to hold my heart
But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start"

From that first night where she held him as he slept and cleaned him up. That was where she started to figure out who she is. And who she is, Peter's mama.

"You put your arms around me

And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go

You put your arms around me and I'm home"

Peter had become Pepper's second home. Her safe haven when she wanted hugs or cuddles. He was comforting and innocent and  hers.

"How many times will you let me change my mind and turn around
I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown"

When she met Peter he was like a breath of fresh air, and sure she was content with how her life was, she wanted a baby. And she got her little baby boy.

"I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home"

He broke through her walls with his perfect doe eyes, the adorable little guy didn't even have to try. He is just perfect.

The world is coming down on me and I can't find a reason to be loved
I never wanna leave you but I can't make you bleed if I'm alone

"You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go

I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home

I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth
And I've never opened up
I've never truly loved

'Till you put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go

I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling
I'll never let a love get so close
You put your arms around me and I'm home
You put your arms around me and I'm home"

Pepper got to learn what it's like to love someone so much that it physically hurts to be away from them. And she owes all of that to her perfect baby boy. Peter means so much to her and she wouldn't trade it for anything else. 

By the end of the song, Pepper has tears in her eyes and Peter is fast asleep in Tony's arms.

And fuck, she had never missed someone so much.

She is going to find a way to get home to her baby earlier, whether that takes one day or 4, she has to hold him again.

This is set about a week and a half after the last chapter, now, something exciting is happening next chapter. Guess what It is