seven

Monday 18th April 2022

"What do you mean no. Do I not pay you for this?" Pepper scoffs at her assistant, Pepper was asking her to do the meeting while Pepper got home to her baby.

"Mrs Potts-" She got cut off

"Mrs Stark" she corrects, the other woman blushes red.

"Mrs Stark, they specifically requested you for the meeting." The woman informs Pepper scrunches her fists. "Look. I have a kid, and they are sick. Now, I want to get home to give him cuddles and hold him" Pepper stresses. The poor assistant looks like she's about to piss herself or throw up. Or both.

"Mrs Stark. I understand, but you still have to do the meeting" The woman says, a hint of sympathy in her voice. 

This time Pepper slams her hands on the desk before checking her watch.

"Get out." she says in a scarily calm voice. "I have a meeting to do in five minutes and you are pissing me off. So get the fuck out" Pepper says, her jaw is clenched and she is shaking slightly.

And the woman hastily runs out of the room.

Five minutes later is when Pepper is sat at the head of the table, business men and women surrounding her.

"Okay, I want to thank you all for agreeing on this final plan on my husbands new creation 'baby gate barrier'. So we need to think about the finance's on this. If we mass produce this, Mr Stark has asked that 50% of all created go to people who need it, donations. And 17% of all profits to be donated to a domestic abuse and child abuse victims funds. Do you all agree with this or do we need to discuss it further" Pepper questions.

 And just as she does, her phone starts ringing for facetime "I do apologise for my phone, I forgot to silence it" Pepper says, not even checking the name before knocking it off. And then it rang again before she could even silence the phone.

This time she looks down at the screen and her brows furrow "I need to take this, just a moment" Pepper says before going to the edge of the room, away from prying eyes of the facetime. 

The facetime starts with a wail, not Peters normal headspace wail, just his bigger self wailing. The occupants of the room flinch at the strength and sound of the scream. 

"Tony. What's wrong with Peter, why is he crying like that." Pepper questions in concern, then Tony turns the camera which shows him sat near where Peter is lay, on the floor.

"He threw up. He's been running a fever of nearly 100 degrees and he's crying for you Pep. He wont take his bottle and he can't eat food so his body is already drained from the bug but he isn't even eating or drinking anything to help him heal. When will you be home. I don't know how much longer I can do this. I didn't realise that the first time you would go away he would get this attached. And before you ask, I've given him a lukewarm bath and medicine, he's had a cold flannel on his head and lots of cold water." Tony says, his voice is filled with exhaustion.

"I'm in a meeting right now Tony but let me see my baby boy. And I'll try to come home as soon as possible." Pepper says which is when she is met with the eyes of her little boy, his paci is in between his lips with 'mama's boy' written on it.

"Hey Peter. Mama will be home as soon as possible. I love you baby" She blows a kiss before having to hang up.

"Okay. Sorry about that" she apologises, then she looks up to be met with a couple of sympathetic looks.

"We can do this online so you can go back to your little one." One of the men says, Pepper sighs "are you sure. I mean I still have to get a 6 hour flight back and I won't be able to do the meeting until he's better. That could be a couple of days with a sick baby" Pepper asks, really trying to get the men to understand that Peter is her top priority when she get's home.

There is a round of agreements and Pepper thanks them all while packing up her stuff. 

The men smile at her, they aren't going to stop her from getting home to her child. 

Pepper buys a plane ticket in business class, it was quite pricey but it the last ones to fully sell out so Pepper had time to grab her suitcase and rush to the plane so she can see her baby sooner.

The plane ride itself was spent with Pepper doing final touch ups on some essay, assessment, meeting thing. Weird right.

2 hours into the flight is where Pepper fell asleep. Although her rest doesn't last long and has left her with a bad back and a need to hold her baby. Oh, and in her rush she also didn't think about needing to pump so her breasts are full and heavy with milk.

Hour 5 is where she spent time looking over all the pictures she's got of Peter in the last couple of weeks. His perfect little nose and rosy cheeks. His chocolate covered hands after he decided to grab his marshmallows out of the cup. He was big at the time.

And then, her favourite picture.

Peter dressed in a Iron man onesie with his dada's hat on while Tony rocks him to sleep.

Fuck. She misses him so much.

As the 7 hour mark from leaving the meeting hit. She enters her home. She removes her coat and jacket. Leaving her in a blouse with a pair of fitted pants.

And quietly she sneaks into the bedroom where she sees Tony asleep with an awake Peter lay next to him, well, Peter was lay next to Tony. Before he saw his mama.

Pepper didn't even know he was going to be awake and as he collided with her, she bites back a groan, her boobs really hurt.

"mama. up." he holds his arms up for her. Pepper lifts her baby onto her hip where he snuggles into her neck.

"Baby, I have to get a bath. Do you wanna join me. And then we can go night night." Pepper says and Peter nods while closing his eyes and letting his mama carry him where she needs to go. That is when they enter the bathroom where the tub is over half full already.

Pepper strips herself and then helps peel Peter out of his sweat soaked clothes. At least his fever broke.

She lifts him into the bath tub before getting in and cradling Peter against her chest.

"Mama." Peter says, his eyes are locked on Pepper's boobs. 

"Yes baby" Pepper answers, eyes closed while stroking Peters back.

"'ave milkie?" he question, Pepper hums "I'll get you a bottle after baby." Pepper assures.

Then something totally unexpected happens, Peter starts rooting, trying to find his milk.

Peter leans down and latches onto her breast, Pepper hisses at the wrong latch and quickly adjusts it before looking down at him. His eyes are tired and drooping while he is suckling. His other hand is squeezing Pepper's other breast.

"My boy. How I love you" Pepper whispers.

"Mama, cin'ell' so'g an' butt pa'" he whines softly.

"Okay, I'll sing bubba" Pepper informs him while starting up butt pats.

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,

Lavender's green.

When you are King, dilly dilly,

I shall be Queen

She keeps repeating that part of the song because It's Peters favourite part of the whole song.

So cute right. I wanted to give Peter what he rightfully deserved.