twenty-three

Sunday 12th June 2022

Peter is watching finding nemo when uncle Bucky walks into the room "Hewo Mr win'er Bucky" Peter greets using a mix of Bucky's name and his superhero name.

Bucky knows that Tony and Pepper went out for the day on a long day of meetings, specifically the one with Peter's aunt. Peter was big so he was left in the penthouse alone. The boy is lay in a puddle of his own urine.

"Peter, should we get you clean, maybe give you a bath. And then be all nice and clean for your mama and dada" Bucky asks and Peter turns his attention from the movie which is when he realises that he is infact lay in a puddle of his own urine. He lets out a wail and Bucky just goes over to the boy to pause the movie and scoop Peter up into his arms not even bothering to mind his own clothes.

He then goes to Peter's room to grab a diaper, baby grow and pacifier for the boy. Peter is crying in Bucky's neck so the man just bounces the boy with his metal arm.

Once on his and Steve's floor he takes Peter to the joined bathroom to their bedroom. He can feel Steve's confused gaze following him. He runs the bath as quick as he can but Peter's cries don't stop.

Steve has come over to him to take Peter into his arms. He strips the boy down to his boxers which are rubbing against Peter's tender skin. Steve pulls the boxers off once the bath is fully run and places the boy in the water. Peter clings to Steve's arm while Bucky washes him. Peter doesn't stop crying and just keeps whining for Pepper.

Bucky leaves to go call Pepper and Tony. Steve strokes through Peter's wet curls as the boy flickers his damp eyelashes at Steve with a wobbly lip. "wan Mama" Peter whimpers out. Steve reaches to the towel nearby and then helps Peter out of the bath. He wraps him up like a newborn and Peter makes a sort of mewl.

Steve whispers into Peter's ear. Nothing specific. Just a random train of thoughts and then once in the bedroom he speaks a bit louder while diapering and dressing the little. Once fully dressed and a pacifier is slotted between his lips, Steve cradles the tired boy and soothingly rubs his stomach until he inevitably falls asleep.

20 minutes later Pepper is back, Tony had to stay at the meeting because he knew Peter would want his feed and Tony doesn't quite have the equipment for that. Steve is lay next to the sleeping Peter and on the other side of Peter is a sleeping Bucky. He's reading midsummer night's dream. The usual with Steve. Pepper gives him a gracious smile before he moves so she's next to the sleeping boy. She runs a hand through his untamed curls and carefully strokes his face. Peter stutters with his suckles on the rubber between his lips. His small eyes flicker open and as soon as they see Pepper he's reaching for her. And not long after he's in his mama's arms is he rooting for her nipple.

Pepper gives him butt pats while thanking Steve. Peter whines and Pepper quickly rushes the boy out of the room before he wakes Bucky. Peter sobs and Pepper feels her heart break but she quickly makes her way upstairs. Once in their bedroom Pepper places Peter on the bed and strips out of her dress, she's left in just a bra and panties. Peter is quickly crawling up the bed to sit near her, waiting for the already leaking breasts that are hanging heavy even in the supportive bra.

She undoes the bra and chucks it in the washing basket because of the milk that soaked through the material. Peter is latched on before she can even move or him to be cradled in her arms. Pepper lets out a soft chuckle while slightly adjusting the position so Peter is side ways lay on her, the nipple never once leaves his hungry mouth. The tugging suckles pull but not unplesently. Peter is looking at her with so much pure, innocent love that Pepper's eyes fill with tears and she can't stop the one that rolls down her cheek.

Peter reaches his still pudgy hand up to Pepper's face, taking a moment to unlatch.

"Mama sa'?" He asks and his eyes look confused and slightly sad for Pepper. That thankfully changes when Pepper gives a smile to her baby.
"I'm all alright baby, mama just loves you so much and sometimes there is too much love for me to hold. It overwhelms mama" Pepper says. Peter gives a slow nod, he's silent for a moment before he finally speaks again.
"Sha'e lo'e wit' dada toos"

///

When Tony finally gets back from the meeting with that god awful bitch that is May Parker, well you could say that he's ready to see his wife and son.

When he gets to the penthouse it is oddly quiet in the living room so he makes his way over to Pepper's and his own bedroom but still nothing.
That's when Peters giggle catches his attention,  he walks over to the nursery and inside is Pepper lay on her stomach opposite Peter who is on a tummy time mat while slobbering all over the plastic square in his mouth. The words 'mama' and 'dada' are spelled out in the blocks that aren't occupying his mouth.

Pepper turns when she notices someone else there and she smiles at Tony before ushering him over and he settles near a very young Peter who claps his hands in delight and drools every where.

"Da!" Peter squeals and Tony reaches his hand out which Peter quickly grasps onto, his legs are doing a cycling motion and he's spinning Tony's wedding ring on his finger. Releasing an abundance of happy noises followed by baby blabber.

Once the yawns started to start up Tony picks Peter up and holds him against his chest, of course he cleans all of the saliva off of the boy but once his son is in his arms he presses a soft kiss to his forehead, his heart melts when Peter nuzzles into his neck and releases another sleepy sigh, signifying that he's asleep.

And as careful as can be, Tony traces out five words.

'Mama and Dada love you'

And Peter loves them too .