twenty-four

Saturday 18th June 2022

Natasha is sat in the kitchen with Clint and Laura, the kids are playing in the garden and Wanda is taking a nap in the living room. It's the reason the adult sent the children to play outside.

Natasha is holding a cup of water in her hands while eating a sandwich. Laura and Clint are updating Natasha on what's been going on recently and the assassin hums to show she's listening.

The room is pretty quiet other than the odd shout from the children outside. It's not uncomfortable and soon enough they'll be getting the children fed and everyone dressed to go down to the lake. Natasha brought some swim diapers specifically for this trip.

Natasha hears shuffling coming from the living room and waits for her baby girl to come into the room. Sure enough, a messy haired Wanda stumbles towards Natasha, pacifier slotted between her lips and her fist rubbing her eyes of sleep.

"hey baby" Natasha coos while holding her arms out and Wanda holds her arms up when she's near Natasha, Nat picks the girl up and just pats her bum while the girl curls into her while waking up. Clint and Laura have a look that even Nat is struggling to decipher.

"You're so good with her, I always knew you'd be a good mum" Laura says and Natasha looks at Laura before giving her a smile. Wanda gives a whine and that's when Natasha realises that the small Winnie the pooh teddy that Wanda had during her nap is still in the living room.She stands up with her baby in her arms. 

"Wanda, can you sit with auntie Laura while I go get pooh bear" Natasha says and carefully passes the girl over to her trusted friend. Wanda curls into Laura just as she had done with Natasha. 
Clint has gone out to bring the three Barton children inside and get their hands washed before they have sandwiches.

Natasha gratefully takes Wanda back into her arms and presses the soft fur of the teddy against her cheek. Wanda mewls and fists a hand into Natasha's shirt. "'asha?" Wanda mumbles against the older woman's chest. Natasha hums and peers to look at Wanda.

"wet" she says around the rubber in her mouth. Her hand is stroking the soft ear of the yellow bear and drool drips from the corner of the pacifier.

Natasha stands up with Wanda in her arms, letting Laura know she'll be back in a moment. She carries the girl upstairs and strips her out of the clothes, she places a clean diaper and one of Natasha's shirts on her. Wanda koala clings to Natasha and places her head into the crook of the older woman's head, she inhales deeply. The smell of Natasha invades all her senses and makes her feel happy. 

"We're going to the lake later and you can play in the water." Natasha tells Wanda who's eyes light up at the thought of playing in the water.

"'asha too?" she questions, she wants Natasha to have fun too.
 "I'll join you in the water baby, and we can swim for however long you want" Natasha says and Wanda claps her hands.

Once back down they all eat some food, except Natasha who ate just before Wanda woke up. She helps feed Wanda apple sauce and some salted cracker. Wanda feels a tiny bit too little to eat the ham sandwich that was made for the other children. Apple sauce drops into the silicone bib Natasha got for her and the crumbs off of the crackers are all of the table but Natasha will clean them up after.

Wanda spots Clint's cup of orange juice and makes grabby hands towards it.

When Natasha notices she tells Wanda that she can't have Clint's drink and grabs Wanda's bottle off the side before filling it with orange juice. She picks the girl up and holds the rubber nipple of the bottle up to Wanda's lips and the girl suckles. At first her face scrunches up from the strong, tangy flavour of the juice but as she suckles more of the orange juice into her mouth she get's faster in her attempt to drink the juice. Which ends with the juice going down her wind pipe and she splutters and coughs before crying. She clings even tighter to Natasha while tears stream down her face. The table has gone silent and she can see Clint grabbing one of the other bottles and filling it with water, he brings it over and Natasha places it on the table before standing up and hoisting Wanda onto her front, she rubs her hand up and down Wanda's back.

"Let it all out, I've got you, just let it all out" Natasha sways with Wanda until she's calm enough to sit with and give her the bottle of water. Wanda sniffles and tucks her head into Natasha's neck. She's still a bit overwhelmed and Natasha might know just how to fix it, or help at least.

"I'm going to take her upstairs for a moment, I bet she feels pretty overwhelmed, I'll meet you down at the lake with her after." Natasha says, placing the orange juice filled bottle in the fridge and carries the water filled bottle up with her.

When upstairs Natasha sits a still trembling Wanda on the bed. 

"That was scary wasn't it babe, Do you want to try something new. I'll take my shirt off and you can keep yours on if you want, or you can take it off and lie against me. Will that help calm you?" Natasha asks and the little witch sniffles before letting Natasha peel her own top off and lay down, she then holds her arms up so Natasha can pull off the shirt. 

Natasha is wearing a bra but Wanda isn't. That doesn't seem to bother Wanda as she flops against Natasha. Squirming once down, the bra was stopping Wanda from being where she really wants to be.

"Okay, I'll take it off. Just a moment baby" Nat assures and Wanda nods against her chest before moving of Natasha. As soon as the offending fabric is moved Wanda lays back down and places her head between Natasha's breasts. Her ear is pressed against the older woman's chest and a distant thumping sound sooths her to sleep.

///

20 minutes later is when Wanda disturbs. Her mama's- no Natasha's warm chest is still under her and the heart is still thumping steadily.

A hand cards through her hair and Wanda flickers her eyes up to Natasha's.

"'ake now?" Wanda sighs at the feeling of Natasha lightly scratching her scalp.

"Yeah, Lake time. Should we get you changed into your swim suit and I can change into mine, then we can go play with the others." Natasha says and it's persuasion enough for Wanda to pull away from the comfy human pillow.

Natasha goes to the closet and pulls out a swim diaper and a matching pink diaper cover and flowery belly swim top. She helps dress Wanda into the clothes before pulling a red floral suit to somewhat match her baby's. 

Natasha pulls out a diaper bag with necessities and they walk to just behind the house. Still on the Barton property Is a large lake.

Lila runs over to the girls when they get their and Natasha places Wanda on the floor before tapping her bum as a send off. Shouting what was along the lines of 'stay where I can see you and don't go too deep'.