thirty-three

Saturday 16th July 2022

The whole avengers tower is up as Wanda and Natasha are due back today. Peter is perched on Pepper's hip while she feeds him ice cream, only because it's soothing for his throat. Peter is babbling to his mama while Tony is half dead near the coffee machine, each sip making him seem more alive.

Peter is thankfully recovering fast which is a medical mystery and a relief to the frantic parents. They had yet to receive an answer from May Parker or a lawyer of hers. The deadline before they take action is soon, like 2 days away.

Peter was aware of what was going on but he wasn't stressed about it, he trusts Pepper and Tony, plus May will get done for child abandonment anyway.

The sound of the quinjet landing on the roof makes Peter give an excited squeal and wiggle.
"Is auntie Natty back baby?" Pepper coos while wiping the trail of drool-ice cream mix. Peter makes more excited babbles and soon enough the elevator doors open, revealing a stroppy Wanda and Natasha who is carrying the bags.

Wanda looks insanely adorable because of her mused bed hair and fluffy pyjamas that don't conceal the bulge of the diaper underneath it. Natasha had hardly stepped out of the elevator when Wanda gives a frustrated whine.

"Mama.." Wanda stomps her foot onto the floor. This shocks everyone because they hadn't expected Wanda to be so quick in falling into her headspace.

"Just a moment Wanda, I get you your milk." Natasha coos while moving her and Wanda's bags over to the sofa. Pepper offers "do you want me to make her a bottle?" Natasha gives a smile at the offer "oh, she doesn't use a bottle" Natasha states and Pepper raises her eyebrows in surprise at what the implications.

Natasha pulls a fluffy blanket out of the diaper bag before scooping the witch into her arms, she then takes her to sit on the sofa before unbuttoning her flannel shirt, as soon as skin is on show Wanda is latching on. Natasha pats her bum and slightly rocks her.

"Sorry about that, she was mad that I woke her and so I made a promise of milky once we got down here. I would hug you all but she's gonna be attached for a while. But how has my favourite little man been" when Wanda hears Natasha call Peter her favourite she feels tears fill her eyes and slowly flow over, Natasha only noticed when she felt the wetness on her breast. She looks down and her eyes widen "Wanda, what's wrong sweet girl?" Natasha wipes away her tears.

"I t'ou't I mama favo't" Wanda whimpers around the nipple.
"Oh, sweet girl, you're mama's favourite, Peter isn't my baby" Natasha assures and Wanda sighs happily before starting to suckle again.

"So you are breastfeeding? how did that happen so quick" Pepper questions, Natasha is combing her fingers through Wanda's locks.

"Wanda discovered a spell, It does the same as those tablets that you took except it is done in seconds. We started last night." Natasha informs and the others look genuinely interested in the spell.

"That's so great Nat, I'm happy for you and Wanda" Tony smiles, his eyes still hold a tired look.
"Thanks, so how has Peter been?" Natasha asks, Pepper and Tony share a look.

"Well, we though Peter had whooping cough but it turns out he was bit by a weird spider and we think that is making his muscle mass grow. How has your week been?" Pepper asks and Natasha's eyes widen in shock.

"Jesus, I was only gone a week right?" Natasha questions slightly mockingly and sarcastically. Pepper laughs with her.

"Anyway, are you up for Steve's pancakes and eggs. Do you want to use the highchair we got for Peter, before we found out he wouldn't really need to use it?" Tony asks, looking much more awake now.

Natasha peers down at Wanda and the girl is asleep, still giving soft suckles.
"She's flat out. And I don't think putting her down will end well but I'll try." Natasha says while carefully breaking the latch and slipping the pacifier into her mouth in one fluid motion. She then tries to place her on the sofa but Wanda's eyes flick open and she lets out a loud cry, her pacifier falling out in the process.

"Okay, I get you baby. I'll hold you" Natasha coos while bouncing her, she wraps the blanket around the girl like you would with a new born baby in a swaddle. She holds the girl against her chest before making her way across to the kitchen table without jolting the now asleep again girl.

Bruce is watching how Natasha interacts with the girl "you know Nat. I think that this maternal side to you is good. It suits you" he states while stirring his tea.
Natasha looks at him "thanks Banner, I never thought something so... foreign, I guess, could feel so comfortable and just right. I mean my sister would be laughing at me for acting like this cause even when little I hate kids" Natasha says, the room goes somewhat silent and Natasha looks up "what. Did I say something wrong?" She questions.

"You have a sister?" Steve asks, Natasha curses herself and realised that she pretty much has no choice but to answer.
"Not biologically, my parents and stuff like that were killed when I was little but I was working for the KGB, even as a small 9 year old. And because I was a trained Russian spy I was sent on a mission where I had to pretend to be these two peoples children and the older sister to a 4 year old child. Her name was Yelena. Either way we got separated when I was 11 and she was 6. That is my sob story. Hope you found it interesting." Natasha explains as though she's not even slightly bothered about explaining the very much not normal childhood she had. I mean you don't normally find child spies or assassins but Natasha was one.

"I need to meet your sister one day red. I bet she's nicer then you" Tony says and Natasha shrugs.
"Go for it, however she might already be dead."