thirty-one

Saturday 2nd July 2022

Pepper is on a cycle that she's not enjoying.

She fed Peter and he was fine until he woke in a coughing fit which got so bad that he threw up all over his cot. And the bathroom carpet. And Peppers breasts.

It's constant cleaning, feeding repeating.

And then he spiked a fever which didn't make sense with the illness. Well not until he's coming out of the illness which shouldn't be so soon.

Pepper sat in a lukewarm bath just so Peter wouldn't cry and make himself sick as he was being cooled down. He's found that when he's not attached to Peppers breasts he is a daddy's boy when ill. He has been clinging to Tony with strength that none of them knew the boy possessed. 

Tony and Pepper take Peter down to med bay when he had thrown up all he had drank and wasn't drinking anymore.

Bruce was sad to see Peter again because he was fine a couple days ago and now it had taken a turn for the worse. He helps scoop Peter into his arms before taking him to the special crib bed they had installed for the two littles that are now occupants the tower.

Peter is confused and tired and his parents aren't holding him "mama" Peter starts to cry and Pepper goes close to him and holds one of the sick basin near him while trying to calm him but Peter continues crying.

"Peter, Bruce is just gonna give you a check up okay baby boy?" Pepper questions and Peter sniffles while he pitifully whines.

Bruce quickly gets to work while Peter is quiet with a pacifier between his lips. It isn't until Bruce touches a certain spot on the back of Peter's arm, his elbow is more accurate in the placement. Peter lets out a wail of pain. He pulls his arm back "owie" he whines.

"Owie, when did you get an owie Peter?" Pepper questions and Peter's bottom lip wobbles "don' kno' mama" He replies.

"Let Uncle Bruce see your arm. He can help with the owie" Tony coos at the baby boy.

Peter holds his arm up and holds back his tears because he's so tired of crying. His other hand is grasping his mama's hand.

Bruce carefully holds his injured arm and that's when he manages to find the hurt spot.

"Have you been anywhere that Peter could've been bitten. By a spider or something like that?" Bruce questions while inspecting the bite.

"A spider? We went the park recently." Pepper supplies and Bruce shifts Peter slightly "Was anyone watching you, this isn't the normal reaction to a spider bite. Also have you noticed that Peter has gained muscle mass. Bruce carefully squeezes the slightly bulkier part of his arm.

Peter cries when he touches the arm because of his sore muscles. 

"Mama!" Peter cries out and Bruce removes his hand to let Pepper grab the boy. Peter clings to Pepper and he can feel himself slipping out of his headspace rather then into it.

He holds onto Pepper and sticks his head into his neck as he slips out, he calms himself.

Once out of his headspace he tucks his head against Peppers chest and pulls the pacifier out of his mouth before sighing and wiggling out of Pepper's arms.

"I got bit by a spider but I think I thought it was a little fly or something because it didn't hurt when it bit me and so I brushed it off." Peter says and Bruce looks surprised because moments ago the boy was in  his headspace.

"Peter, It's okay if you don't remember but do you know what colour it was?" Bruce questions. Pepper and Tony have sat down behind him so Peter is leaning back on them.

"Uh. It- It was. Uhm" Peter thinks for a moment.

"Green, and Blue. And I think there was some red and black. It looked weird though" Peter states enthusiastically when he remembers. Bruce praises him.

"That's really good Peter. You've been really helpful." Peter hums before closing his eyes and turning his head into his mama's chest. Pepper strokes his curls as he sticks his thumb into his mouth and starts suckling on it. 

Bruce quickly takes some blood from Peter, to compare with the sample they got when he first arrived to identify him. Peter gives a small cry at the needle but Pepper is quick to rock him once done.

"Okay the test should be done in a couple minutes. It's just a DNA test so basically we can tell if the DNA is the same or changed. If it's changed we will have to figure out what exactly has changed because Peter is growing faster then the average teen would physically. The muscles remind me somewhat of when I had first tried to become the hulk and I was transforming my body to fit with it." Bruce informs and Pepper and Tony nod at the information.

Peter yawns and pulls himself into a fetal position before curling into his mama's body. Pepper kisses his head and he gives a happy mewl and a sneeze after that. Pepper helps him blow his nose and pats his bottom which she realises is wet.

"Bruce, can we change him here. He's got a wet bum." Pepper asks and Peter, who isn't in his headspace gives a whine of embarrassment which Pepper shushes. 

Thankfully there has been a supplies of everything they need for the diaper changes put in pretty much every floor. 

Pepper lays Peter on the bed while gathering all the supplies for the change, Peter is red in the face has hid himself with his hands.

Pepper helps him out of the diaper and she wipes down his crotch more thoroughly because of him being more dehydrated and having stronger wee. She then places the new diaper on him and runs her fingers through the leg holes to make sure that it's nice and snug against him.

Once done she holds him against her and that's when Bruce's machine beeps.

"Okay, The results are done, I'll go grab them." Bruce states as he goes over to the printer that has just given the results.

The paper crumples slightly in Bruce's hand and everyone is waiting anxiously.

"The DNA is.. Oh" Bruce pauses.

"His DNA is changed"

Left in the rainजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें