eighteen

Wednesday 1st June 2022

A couple hours later Pepper is having a lazy morning with Peter, Tony went down to the lab which he'd been missing recently so Pepper isn't sad about it.

Peter is sprawled across her chest with her nipple in his mouth. That's when she heard the elevator, she looks at the door so she can see who arrives.

As soon as she sees Natasha she relaxes again and waits for the woman.

When Natasha rounded the corner she looked nervous, that does disappear slightly when she sees the feeding Peter.

"Hey Pep" Natasha greets and Pepper points to the seat next to her, she sat there for a while doing nothing, twiddling with her fingers. 

Pepper decides to start what she assumes this conversation is about.

"Is this about Wanda?" Pepper questions and Natasha turns to her in shock.

"How did you know?" Natasha asks astonished, Pepper smiles before peaking down at Peter who is giving a cheeky smile around the nipple.

"It was Tony that brought it up actually, y'know the thumb thing she was doing yesterday when little man was fussing a bit?" Pepper asks the girl. Natasha nods, she then starts speaking.

"Last night she was ignoring me and so I told her to get me if she needed me and about half an hour later she was crawling into my bed. Then early hours this morning I woke up and she was curled up with her thumb in her mouth and she had an accident and so I washed her but when it came to getting dressed I grabbed her a shirt but then she spotted that pack of Peter's pull ups in my closet and wanted me to put one on her. After that she cuddled up to me and was asleep when I left her. I was just wondering what you think I should do" Natasha admits and Pepper raises her eyebrows in thought.

However when she did go to say something the elevator dings again and the women both watch in surprise as Wanda waddles in, a very wet pull up sagging and slowing the sleepy girl down.

Natasha watches as Wanda comes over to her and climbs into her lap, she ignores Pepper and starts sucking on her fingers again while holding onto the older woman's shirt. Natasha presses a kiss to her head before looking at Pepper.

"Do you mind if I borrow one of Peter's diaper's or a pull up to put on her?" Natasha questions Pepper who had started to burp Peter. "Of course, but we only have diapers now, he hates pull ups." Pepper says and Natasha nods before picking Wanda up and taking her to the nursery to grab a diaper and then she lay Wanda down on the changing table, quickly wiping the girl and fastening the clean, dry diaper to her, she then wipes down the table before making her way out of the room to go back to Pepper.

Wanda is watching Peter who is lay on his stomach on the carpet with Pepper next to him, he's got a pacifier between his lips. Wanda wiggles to get down and when she is down she crawls over to Peter who looks up at her with curiosity. Wanda reached her hand that wasn't covered in her own slobber while in her mouth. Her hand softly strokes down his cheek, gentle enough to not spook him. She carefully trails her hand back up to his hair and the sight is overwhelmingly cute. Then Wanda pulls her hand back and tilts her head. She points at Peter's pacifier before looking at Natasha.

"Do you want one?" Natasha asks, slightly confused with the motion.

Wanda nods her head and points at the pacifier again "wa't" she mumbles around her hand.

Natasha has to give her a sad smile.

"I don't have any Wanda" Natasha says, Wanda furrows her brows before pointing at Peter's pacifier. She whines in frustration.

"No princess, that is Peter's paci" Natasha says but Wanda's eyes fill with tears and she points at Peters paci, Pepper gives her a sympathetic look. 

"come here baby girl." Natasha coos and Wanda crawls into her arms before breaking down. Natasha feels out of her league when Wanda holds her close. Peter looks concerned and is watching Wanda closely as she suckles on her thumb to try and sooth herself. He can feel her stress and that makes him age up slightly. While he's not fully in his 14 year old headspace he's an older child. About 8. 

He gets of his stomach and then goes to the bedroom where he knows is a pack of unopened pacifiers that must've slipped his mama's mind. And when he finds it he grabs it before running back into the living room and passing it back to his mama. 

Pepper opens the packet and grabs out one pacifier that just so happened to be a black widow one. She sends him to go wash it and when he comes back he carefully approaches Wanda.

"Wanda. I gots something for you" Peter says, he can feel himself slipping again so he holds the pacifier out to her and she opens her mouth so he can put it in or her. As soon as she starts suckling on the rubber the cries stop and turn into small whimpers. Thankfully Peter is back to his mama when he fully slips back.

He gives a sleepy yawn and tucks his head into Pepper's neck.

Natasha stands with a calmer Wanda in her arms and bids her goodbye.

"It seems that someone is having a harder day than usual. I'm going to go give her some cuddles and a beaker with milk in it" Natasha informs. Wanda has curled into Natasha and has one hand twirling her hair.

Pepper nods and holds out the avengers themed pacifiers that Peter had two packs of. She gratefully grabs them and takes Wanda down to her room, the witch is unusually quiet and also in a sedated like state. Natasha sits on the bed with Wanda lay on her.

"Are you okay my girl, is this because of me finding out you're little?" Nat asks but Wanda shakes her head.

"Pi'to gon' day" Wanda states sadly and Natasha just hugs the girl closer.

///

Pepper puts Peter down for his nap with the plan to take him to the park later. Of course they have to get Tony out of the lab first but nobody can say no to Peter's puppy eyes.