Sixty-One

5 months later

𖣔𖣔Athena𖣔𖣔

"ok your due date is coming up" chris said while we were cooking "i know, do you have the bags ready?" "yes" "lily told me the other day she wants to stay in the room with us instead of going home with ty" i explained "that's fine if you want her to be" "but staying over night it can only be you" "we'll tell them nobody can watch her but she's our child and she's younger than 10 so she should be allowed to stay anyway"

"yea she should but you never know" "if you want her to stay, she'll stay" "i do" "ok then" "it's almost time to go get her tho" "wanna go together?" "yea lets finish up first" we finished cooking then put the tops and covers on everything and left out. "oh shit. you got her dance bag?" i asked him "yea it's right there" he pointed to the back seat but i didn't bother to look back.

we got to her school and waited for her outside "hi mommy hi daddy" she said as she got in the car "hey baby" we said at the same time. "how was your day?" chris asked her "it was good" "what made it good?" i asked "we didn't really do a lot of work today and got to play most of the time because ms.baldwen said she was tired" me and chris laughed

"what did you guys do today?" "nothing much after we dropped you off, we just got done cooking tho" "oooo" "your dance bag is back there tho so you can change at the studio" i told her "ok" we talked until we got there and got out the car "mommy did you pee yourself" i looked down and then back up at chris and both our eyes got big "i don't know but i think you're a little too old to pee yourself"

"lily baby go get tt" she went into the studio and went to go get her "what's happening?" "water broke" i responded pointing to my pants then her eyes got big. "ok um, i'll come to the hospital after their class and text everybody else that classes are canceled" "ok" "i'm gonna be a tt slash god mommaaaa, ok c'mon lily" she grabbed her hand and they went back inside. we got in the car and started driving there.

"so i don't wanna leave you but do you want me to go home to get the bags when we get you situated in the hospital" "that's fine, it's not too far but while you're there can you also bring me a plate" "yea" he said in a chuckle. i started feeling the contractions, "shit" i said throwing my head back and rubbing my stomach. chris placed his hand on my thigh and started rubbing it.

we made it to the hospital and they got me a room. my midwife came in to check on me "ok did you still want your epidural?" "yes" "alright, you are dilated enough, we're gonna sit you up some" chris should be on his way back here. "where is dad?" "he went to go get the bags" "ok, will he be staying over night?" "yes along with out daughter" "lily right?" "yes" she sat me back slowly "ok well i'll be back in a while to check on you" i nodded and gave her a gentle smile.

chris came in a few minutes after her "feed me" "so commanding" "i'm about to pop a human out for you, shut up" "you will not bully me anymore" "christian." he took the aluminum off the plate and it was hot "ooo you heated it up" "umhm" he grabbed the chair and pulled it next to my bed, he sat me up some and started feeding me.

"you nervous?" he asked me as he wiped my mouth "yes but excited" "that's good, i called your mom and she screamed my ear off about how her other grandbaby is about to be here" i laughed "did she say she was gonna come here?" "of course. she sounded like she was out the door before i could tell her where the hos-" "ohhh my baby is gonna have a baby" we both looked over at the door

"ma." "what?" "you live almost fourty minutes away" "i know" "girl-" lady is a mess "oh you're eating, move chris" she took the plate out his hand and moved him from his seat. "ok open baby" "momma i-" "chew yo food girl" i looked over to chris and he was silently laughing at me. "where is lily?" "at dance, gina's gonna bring her after her class" chris answered "go her an overnight bag?" "yes" "ok who she stayin with?" "i want her to stay here with me, my midwife said it was fine" "oh ok"