Thirty-Three

𖣔𖣔Chris𖣔𖣔

"chris yo ass stay callin me. what do you want. and you at work" i called ty once i got in my office "i yelled at athena" "you did huh? cause no you didn't" "i did" "not a black women from the HOOD. chris i know you a lil off but not that much" "it slipped" "yelling doesn't just slip"

"i didn't mean to, she just said something that made me mad" "unless she told you she out here suckin otha niggas dicks, i refuse to believe it's something she'd say to make you THAT mad" "that's the thing. after it happened i wasn't even really mad"

"well she ain't talkin to you til maybe christmas" "that's too long" "i don't think she'd talk to you unless it's about lily" she might as well be her mother. "ughhhhh" "you just keep fuckin up wit her" he said chuckling

"it's not funny ty" "it is, cause since when do you fuck up this bad" "i don't know" "ok what happened" "we were on the phone and she told me she was gonna come over and it was like 12 so she came over and lily told me she was in the kitchen cause she was hungry when athena walked in. she told me athena made her a hotdog and some fries and told her she could eat in her room"

"what's the problem?" "let me finish. lily knows she's not allowed to eat in her room. but anyways we woke up today and i went in there and saw the plate on her bed, so i got upset and yelled at her" "christian you gon ease up on my niece befoe i come beat cho ass." "athena came in there and hit me to tell me stop yelling at her and that she told lily she could eat it there..."

"and to that you said" "she's not her mother and lily isn't her child so she can't tell her to do that" he hung up on me. i sat in my office a good hour before the door opened and closed "ty why are you here" "cause we finna fight" "tyler you did not come to my office to fight me"

"but i did. get up" "i'm not fighting you" "i will beat cho ass purple. get up" i stood up. he came up to me and pulled my ear and started walking around my office "ow ow" "why must you be so stupid. that lady is nothing but good to you and your child and you tell her some bullshit like that"

"i kno- owwww" he pulled my ear harder "she feeds her, she spends time with her, she clothes her, she watches her because she wants to and she's built a relationship with her. she might as well be ha fuckin momma" he let go of my ear and pushed me "fuck up again christian. when she leave you ion wanna hea shit" and he left out.

my damn ear. i got up and fixed myself and sat back down behind my desk. was i that wrong to tell her that?

i collected all the information needed for this case i have on new years. i approved some cases and gave them to the other lawyers "mr. carter? "come in" "hi mr.carter" "hey liz" "someone is on the phone for you" "did they say who" "i believe her name was gina" oh gosh "new girlfriend?" "no. thank you for letting me know"

why didn't she just call my phone. "yes gina" "you know ima beat cho ass correct" "you and yo boyfriend gon stop threatening me" "NOT HER MOTHER? REALLY CHRISTIAN" "well she's not" "SHE MIGHT AS WELL BE" "I KNOW" "i know you ain't yellin at me- oh another thing. YOU FUCKIN YELLED AT HER"

"ok gina can you stop yelling" "NO. CAUSE WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WIT CHU" "it was an accident" "THAT AIN'T NO DAMN ACCIDENT. YOU CLEARLY BEEN WAITIN TO SAY THAT SHIT TO HER" "i haven't" "must have. cause that shit ain't sum that just come out, that's been sittin for a minute"

"she gon leave me?" "no. she just won't talk to you" i let out a defeated sigh "you know how long" "she said she'll speak on christmas but after the events over she's not sure" "she can't stay mad at me that long"

"chris you told her lily wasn't her child. she knows that but takes care of lily because she needs a mother figure in her life and she doesn't want lily to grow up to feel neglected. so for you to yell that in her face hurt, because she thought she was doing right by lily"

"she was- is" "she don't feel that way when you yell in her face" "is she by you" "no she went to the store" "to get what" "something to drink" "what kind of drink" "a drink" "gina don't let her do that. she has work" "that is a grown ass women" "that will listen to you" "she's back. bye christian" "bye"

i put my head down on my desk. when i got off i went to go get lily "is tina still not talking to you" "yea" "daddy why'd you tell her she wasn't my mommy" "because i was angry" "but that was mean. i want her to be my mommy and i think you messed it up" i looked at her through the mirror and she looked very sad.

"you know if tina's mad at me she'll still hang out with you" "i know but she'll still be mad at you. i don't want anyone to be mad" "ima fix it sweetie" "promise?" "i promise, go get ready" she came back down after about 15 minutes and we left for her class.

when we got there gina and i made eye contact. no denying she wants to kill me "hi tt gina" "hi lily baby" she said kissing her cheek "go in with the other kids" she ran off "do you know how hard it is for me not to punch you right now" "no" "very hard very."

"where is she" "she dont wanna talk to you" "i wanna see her face" "no." "gina-" she didn't finish and walked to the studio. "i told you" "ugh" "all because the child ate in her room. chris you need to ease up forreal, eatin in ha room ain't that damn deep. she cleaned up after herself. i get it must be hard to be a single parent and all but ever since you officially became one athena was there so you never were one forreal. lily's a good child i think you yelling at her because of that was uncalled for"

"i said fixed it with her" "yea but there isn't gonna be too many more times promising ice cream is gonna work chris. if rules like this keep on when she gets to be a teen she may hate you" "hates kinda strong" "you yelled at the girl for having a empty plate on her bed. and with athena, a sorry ain't gon be shit but some words" "i know. but what else do i do" "actually talk to her. because in her mind right now, you been waiting to call her out about not being lily's mom"

𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔𖣔