wedding part 1

===========================Day of the wedding=====================================

"Is my tie on straight?" I asked my grandmother and she gave me a warm hearted smile.

"Yes. Now are you sure that Everything is set. I can tell you look nervous do you want to wait a few more minutes before you walk down that isle and become a married man?"

I actually was nervous I hadn't seen Kaoru for three whole days and Now I am going to get married.

"Actually Akio I have something I wanted to ask you....................................................." I smiled and I could see by the way her faced twisted that she was worried.

"Can I walk you down the isle?" My heart stopped and I whipped around and stopped in my tracks.

My father. He was here. In the flesh with a bouquet of white roses and I found that my mouth was suddenly dry.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded and found that a small part of me was actually overjoyed to see him.

Like in the dreams I used to have as a kid that my father actually loved me and that he would get together with my mother.

I saw that he had lost quite a bit of weight and he had that pleading look in his eyes.

"Your fiance invited me. I wanted to ask you if I could be the one to give you away. Even if I wasn't around I want to at least do this for you. If you don't want to you don't have to............................."

My heart was beating rapidly and i didn't know what to do. The adult part of me told me that he was a bad person and that I shouldn't accept the offer but,..................................................... There was a small voice pleading for me to accept.

If I accept what is the worst that can happen?

My voice trembled,"If that is w-w-what you want."

When I saw his face brighten I felt like my mother was smiling along with him.

He offered me his arm and I slowly took it,"Well we have a wedding to attend."

I took a deep breath and We went out and I looked at all the faces that were there.

Grandma, grandpa, aunt and uncle. My cousin MIyaka and a few of my old friends and there was Koaru's family and a few of his scary looking friends.

When my eyes met Kaoru's I felt my heart skip a beat but, in the good way and then i scowled.

He was the one who invited my father.

I was by his side in moments and his arms wrapped around me.

The preacher began,"We are all gathered her today............................................................"

I was only half listening and I only snapped out of it when I heard,"Akio do you take Kaoru to be your husband From now until the end of time?"

I thought about it................................................."Akio?"

"Of course. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't the case."

"I prounounce you Husband and husband." We smiled and the preacher declared,"You may now kiss your groom."

I looked around and I saw that everyone was looking at us intently.

Oh crap I forgot about this part!

He got really close and then I glanced at everyone and still we were being stared at.

I kissed him for two seconds withdrew and then I declared,"Time to party!"

We all went down to the party room and we danced and It was only after we laughed and joked it was time to offer up a toast.