Wolves don't like to share

My chest began to ache and I stopped unable to walk any further. When did I last take my pain killers?

Too long ago. Izzy stared at me and finally sighed,"If you insist."

I'm so glad. Let's turn back now. However instead of turning back home I was lifted into his arms and I flailed but, stopped when My chest began to ache.

The pain was intense so I was immoble and I even had to sit down and watch Izzy eat. I felt my face drain of color and I reached deep into my pockets for my cell phone.

Kaoru. I need your help.........................................................

I took my cell phone out of my pocket and  I noticed my fingers were shaking from the pain.

I pressed the first number and Izzy took my phone out of my hands and I felt my vision darken until everything went black.

===========================Kaoru==================================================

I heard my phone ring and I looked at the caller ID. AKio.

"AKio?"

"Is this Kaoru? See AKio fainted here and I'm wondering if You know which key if for opening his front door."

My mind went blank. I sped to AKio's apartment and I ripped AKio out of his arms and I let myself into AKio's place.

My fingers fumbled with the pain pills and it was hard to get him to swallow them.

I made him sit down on the couch and I glared at Izzy and my voice was icy soft,"Why didn't you leave him alone?"

"I am his neighbor. I didn't know he had some sort of condition." I threw Izzy out and tended to shivering AKio and I  felt my heart ache.

THis is why I shouldn't leave him alone. I thought to myself ruefully. I only end up leaving him to be prey to wolves and other predators.

I rested my head on his shoulder and he gave a soft sigh.

"Kaoru? Water?" I was off the couch in a flash and I gave him a tall glass of water and he drank it.

"I should have taken my meds. Sorry for worrying you like this............"

"Don't worry about it. Lovers are meant to worry about each other."

"I guess your right."

I kissed his forehead and left the room and morphed into a wolf and found Izzy easily.

My jaws clamped on his back and he growled angrily. I tasted blood and lots of it soaked my fur but, I hung on.

Izzy snarled and snapped and I felt his razor sharp teeth slice my leg and I howled. I scratched his underside and he yelped like a little puppy.

"WHat did I do?!" Izzy whined and I growled,"Stop bothering my mate."

Izzy looked at me and said,"AKio is my mate. He isn't yours." I clamped down on Izzy's hind leg and he yowled and snapped back at me.

I thrashed and I saw my vision turn red and I felt my bloodlust get the better of me.

I only stopped when I felt that my body couldn't fight for much longer. I spat on Izzy and left his and I licked my wounds alone in my house.

I licked and licked and waited for my wounds to heal so I could change my clothes and see Akio again.

I got up around seven in the morning and bathed, changed and went into AKio's apartment and made sure that AKio took his pain pills.

He didn't complain and he made me pancakes and fried eggs sunny side up.

He looked tired but, relaxed so i didn't ask how Izzy asked him to go out for him for a  while.

"Kaoru...........I am going back to college."

 I nearly dropped my fork.

"Do you think you can?" I watched his face change to one of firm resolve.

"I KNOW i can." He gave me a cocky grin and I believed him.

we ate and I saw that he was appying to a different college that he used to go to.

I didn't ask but, I was curious. What made AKio want to go back to school when he wasn't healed all the way yet?

 I sleep on the bed beside him and within a few days he was going to college and I could see that he was getting stronger with each day.

"Kaoru..........................................................Do you want to go to the beach with me?"

The question was rhetorical  because he knew that I would never turn down a date with him.

I drove us to the beach and I felt my heart ache when I saw Akio's scare on his chest. AKio's hair had grown back but, the scar of the scapels haven't.

He followed my gaze and gave me a rueful smile before leaving my side to buy some ice cream.