The anniversary

When Kaoru came back I made buttered lobster and rosemary steak and he sat down looking really down.

"K-kaoru are you feeling alright? You look really pale." He felt cool to the touch and It worried me.

"It was a long day. You made fancy food and now I wonder why you seem to look at me soo keenly."

"Do you know what today is?"

"It's may fourth isn't it? "

"Yes it is. Anything else?"

"Um..................................................................... Is there something going on today?"

"No. It's nothing.........................................................................."

"Well aren't you hungry AKio?"

"I'm not really hungry.................................... Enjoy your food I'm not hungry."

I went to bed and closed the door as softly as possible. What am i supposed to be so upset for?

It's not like anniversaries are all that important anyway.

========================Kaoru===================================================\

I ate at the lobster and i looked at the red circle around todays date.

I knew it there was something that made today special................... But, what?

No holidays, no birthdays no........................................................... I leaped up and read the text.

"1 year anniversary."

I stared at the letters until they seemed to blur. It was our one year anniversary today! We have been dating for a whole year now!

I totally forgot it.

I stared at my plate and paled. I was eating our anniversary dinner alone and I was here all alone.

I spied something grey and I picked it up and it had my name on it. Two huge things to be exact.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH CCCCCCCCRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

I left bought a long black coat and scarf for Akio and hastily had the clerk wrap them and I returned to the apartment and I snuck into AKios bed.

i wrapped my arms around his torso and he sighed.

"I have a present for you." I felt him shift and I smiled.

"What the occasion?" He asked and I felt the sharp sting of his words.

"Our anniversary.................................................. Don't you want your present?"

"Well give it here then!" He sat up and with only the moon light he unwrapped his gifts cautiously and he inspected the coat and scarf.

"Thank you Kaoru.............! I'm sorry for thinking that you forgot about today................ "

"Don't mention it. Can I open my gifts?"

"Sure! Do you want me to turn on the lights?"

"Don't worry bout it. " I opened it and I saw that he had bought me a punching bag and gloves and I hugged him tightly.

I hugged me back and he lied back down and I asked,"Can I sleep on the bed with you?"

"Sure. Don't try anything funny though. If you do then I will  use my powers to make the plants choke you to death."

"Yeah I know. Still can I sleep here?"

I won't squish you I promise.

"I guess. Just sleep on the right side of the bed. FAAAAAAAAAAARRRR right."

"Do you like the left side better?"

"I sleep on the side nearest to the door."

"IS there a reason why you like sleeping on that side?"

"My mother like the right side so I guess when I sleep on the left I sort of expect her to come into the room and ask  if my fever has gone down."

"DId you get sick often as a kid?"

"Somewhat. I always worried my mother and dad back then."

"You really love your mother."

"Yeah I do."