Faust and his declaration

Both Kaoru and I sat down and we had the invites in front of us and it was when it finally hit me.

Wow we really are going to get married. I shot a glance at him and looked like he was having a hard time in who to invite.

Um................................................ I can invite Grandma and I can invite my cousin Miyaka and then my younger cousins and then maybe................................................... Nah.

I wrote up the invitations and then I let out a sigh. This was easier than I thought. Most girls would be screaming in delight at such tasks but, the one that is arranging everything is Kaoru and its almost funny how he laughs at everything but, deep within he is feeling anxiety and fear.

i went to bed and i gave a world weary sigh. So tired. As of late I have been feeling more energized but, it slips away with more time I spend with Kaoru.

I heard Kaoru fall beside me and I moved away. He and I are getting married but, that doesn't mean that I am just going to let him crush me.

"AKio?"

"Kaoru no. Go to sleep I will not spend the entire night watching movies with you."

"i wasn't going to ask you to.............. I was going to ask you if.............."

"No............. Heck no Kaoru are you thinking what I THINK your thinking?"

"Well........."

"Couch."

"AKio you can't be serious. No Akio." He snuggled and I scowled. "Your not going to get anything out of me Kaoru. "

"Alright. Good night Kaoru......................................................... "

"Hnnnnnnnnh."

When I woke up the next morning I was alone. Strange he is always here in the morning.

I ate some cereal and smiled into my spoon. I was really going to get married and then I will have to.............................................

THU-Thump! I gasped as men smashed the windows and entered the place and I ran to the kitchen and picked up a knife.

A man with a large scar over his face smirked at me and I felt a cold shiver run down my spine.

Why me?!

He took me by the arm and I pushed him away and I lifted up the knife and he chuckled.

"Your hand is shaking." I glanced down and in second he had me by the arms and I struggled and bit down on his arm.

He only laughed and we went to a secluded place and he dropped me to the floor.

I glanced around and felt relief. Trees. Plants. i at least have some help after all.

He took of his tie and had a huge smirk on his face. I backed up and glared at him with all my might though it didn't do any good. He still continued to advance on me.

Why me?

IS this the same guy who threw us into that boat a while ago? I shuddered at the memory and I made a mad dash for the trees.

I tripped over a root and he took hold of the back of my shirt. He threw me into a pond and I flailed in horror.

I can't swim! I was about to scream when I felt cool hands push me towards the surface and I took in deep breaths.

He growled and he jumped in and the reeds in the pond moved me toward land and as soon as my feet felt the hard soil i began to run again.

I saw flower spirits and wood fairys and pixies rush at the huge wolf and he tore them down but, when he got to the fairies and pixies he slowed down and I kept running.

My feet that were bare and blue with cold were numb but, even so I forced myself to keep going.

Can't stop running he is right behind me.

I could tell that he was having a hard time by the laughter of fairys and pixies and It sort of scared me. The cool and cynical laughter and i ran forward and let out with a scream.

I screamed again and I see kaoru rushing towards me and I pumped my legs to go faster.

A little more! Just a little more and I'm there!

"Not so fast. Little rabbit." The kidnapper wrapped an arm around my throat and i whimpered.

Scared. So scared.. I could tell that Kaoru was equally frightened by the way his face changed from one of relief to one of unmistakable horror.

"Let him go Faust................................"

"Aw.................... Is that how you greet a person that you have never met? Do you have any manners at all?"

"My name Is Kaoru Arima. Please return AKio to me."

Faust lifted me up and examined me. "Whats so great about him anyway? I mean he is short, he doesn't look strong and he looks weak. What do you need him for anyway? Is your real lover stowed away somewhere?"

I saw Kaoru grit his teeth and he got to his knees,"I have no lover other than him. I love him so please return him. He hasn't once layed a hand against you so please don't hurt him. Please."

"Is that so? What will you give me if I do give him back to you?"

"ANything. I would rob a bank I would kill I would tear my own heart out but, please let him go."

"Alright. I want you to know that there will be a war over who will get the title of king of our kind. I want to make sure that you compete in this little war."

"I have no interest in becoming king. Please."

"Yes but, If you join then it will be much more of a challenge for me. Anyway here is your brat!"

Faust roughly shoved me away and Kaoru caught me before I could hit the hard ground and I was in Kaoru's warm embrace.

"Did he hurt you?"

"Yes." I whispered the word and I felt Kaoru freeze.

"WHere?!"

"Right here." I kissed Kaoru and wrapped my arms around his neck. I feel safe.

he hugged me back and though he held me too tightly I didn't mind.

He lifted me up and I held onto him and not once did he make a  complaint about it.

He let me down in my apartment and I looked at the clock. He had kidnapped me just for one entire day.

I ate some stir fry and then went to bed but, this time I got real close to Kaoru and hugged him.

"Are you still scared?"

"No. I just want to be held is all." I replied and he hugged me tightly and I rested my head on his arm.

SO warm and kind. He really is more like a bear than a wolf.

I smiled and kaoru kissed my forehead and said,"I'm sorry. You got hurt because of me."

"Don't worry. You have your entire life to make up for it."

"Of course. Good night."

"Yes. Sleep well don't leave me in the morning."