i almost forgot

"Akio."

"NNNNNh?" I moaned and I turned over in my sleep. Five more minutes........................................................

"AKio................................... !"

"No......................" I turned and my eyes opened into narrow slits.

"What do you mean no? You should take your medication before I wears off."

"izzzzzz tak later."

He pushed the pills into my mouth and I ate them. He poured the water into my mouth and I swallowed.

"Akio you should eat something. Do you want me to make you some pancakes?"

I got up in an instant,"You didn't touch the kitchen did you?"

I heard the suspicion in my voice and he shook his head. "No..................................... I wasn't sure if you were ready to eat yet so..........................................................."

"No.............. I really appreciate the thought. Just don't try to cook anything for me. EVER."

I rubbed my eyes and made some french toast and eggs and we ate in silence.

"AKio aren't you going to ask about yesterday?"

"Nah.................... Alot of things that I don't understand are popping into my life so I am just learning to accept it."

"I see. Well we have to go to the woods again."

"Forget it. What if we get jumped AGAIN? No I have been scared enough for one night don't you think?"

"But.........................."

"Don't think about it. You werent' the one who had to save me this time it was the other way around. It was the most scary moment of my life other than surgery. "

"Can't we talk about this?"

"We can but, we won't. Sorry Kaoru but, I was really scared for you and by the way you should worry more about yourself!"

"But, Akio!"

"No buts!! Just eat go out to work and bring your butt to my apartment. I miss my own bed."

"ARe the beds too hard here?"

"No its just my personal preference. Really don't worry about it."

I got up and left.

i showered at my apartment and changed clothes and looked at myself. I look alot better.

My scars haven't faded away but, it doesn't bother me that much. If I was a woman i wouldn't see the light of day until It had healed but, who cares?

I relaxed and fell on the couch. I turned on the TV and took a chug of my coffee.

I turned it to a cooking channel and relaxed even more. So thats how you make some cherry cheesecake!

If only I had an oven like that then I could make Kaoru cake every................................................. Oh.

I have been dating Kaoru for a long time now and so far we have been acting like an old married couple.

it really is funny how we seem to say so little but, have a lot said in one day.

When did we start dating anyway? Oh it been a year already? Wait a minute is he going to prepare a one year anniversary thing?

I thought of Kaoru and nodded in certainty. If its him he would totally go all out in trying to surprise me.

Shoot I have to prepare some kind of gift for him. What would he like anyway?

Silence.

SHould I snoop around his house?

No if I did he would notice that I was there and realize that I was being secretive about something.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

what if I bought him boxing gloves and a punching bag?

Yeah thats a great Idea!

I scurried to a sports goods store and bought a bag and glove and once at home I wrapped the presents in checkered paper and hid them in my closet.

well its safe there for now.

WHat else can I do?

I can always make his favorite food.......................................................