SHy little rabbit and sly wolf

"It's cold isn't it?" I asked trying to shake away the thought I had a few moments ago.

Cute? How could I possibly think this guy was cute did I hit my head while I was asleep?

Kaoru stared at me for a moment before taking off his long black coat and he put it on me.

Wait  this sorta feels like a boyfriend giving his girlfriend his coat.

I blushed at the comparison and I said,"Yeah. I'm good thanks. You should't worry about it."

He gave me a gentle look and it sent my heart into a frenzied fluttering that I am sure had nothing to do with my condition.

I'm being silly! I'm acting like a girl who found out she was in love with her best friend!

I stood up and said,"Let's go watch a movie. I'm buying!" Kaoru gave me another gentle look and I felt my heart flutter again.

I swayed on my feet and he grabbed my hand and stuffed it into his jean pocket but, I had no chance against his monster strength.

HE refused to let me treat him to a movie and he bought the tickets without my permission and we sat in the theatre and we sat near the front with a big bucket of popcorn.

Extra butter just how I like it and he even payed for that! I stared at the movie screen and felt something on my shoulders and I could tell it radiated body heat.

The warmth of the arm and of kaoru's jacket made me so comfortable that I fell asleep during the movie.

Strange considering the fact that it was a horror movie.
I woke up during the credits and Kaoru was so nice that he didn't yell at me for falling asleep on him.

For some reason I have been feeling more tired as of late.

Kaoru lifted me into his arms and ran down the stair and I looked up and saw even scarier guys come after us and I cheered Kaoru on.

"Run! I think their gaining!" I was so used to bullying that my old habbits kicked in.

Run!

Kaoru sped past surprised faces and we darted into his car and I yelled,"FLoor it!!!"

We drove out of there and I freaked out when we hit one of the guys that was chasing us.

"MG!!!! You killed him!!"

Kaoru looked into the rearview mirror and scoffed,"Nah. That guy can take plenty of hits before dying I can tell you that. Look he's getting up."

I turned around and sure enough the guy that we hit was getting up and walking after us.

"Who are they?" I asked now that we were far from possible harm.

He shrugged and muttered for a while and I almost thought I heard him mutter,"Vampires."

or something like that.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................

Something smells fishy..........

Once at home when Kaoru tried to cook something for me I intervened and said,"If you want to help just put plates on the kitchen table."

He sulked but, did as I asked and I began to hum a little song to myself to pass the time.

"Why do you live alone?" He asked me and I answered almost instantly,"It's to lessen the burden on my grandparents. I don't mind living with other people but,...............................Well things always don't go as planned."

He stayed silent and and I heard the sound of a doorbell but, Kaoru answered the door for me.

"We would like to see Akio please!" I got to my knees and my little seven and eight year old cousins ran in and I gave them a big hug.

"You guys have grown so much!" I exclaimed and they both giggled and my aunt was nowhere in sight.

Strange. Where could she be?

"Are you Akio's friend?"

My cousin Yukina asked kaoru and he replied,"I am Akio's best friend.  Are you his friend too?"

She giggled and said,"Akio is our cousin!"

She turned to me with her big bright eyes and asked,"cousin AKio am I your friend too?"

I pretended to think about it and I said,"Of course!"

My cousin Risa sighed and said,"Mama and papa are fighting again so can we stay here for  a while?"

Unlike Yukina Risa is the more serious one of my Aunts children and she said what she means and she thinks sugar coating is for babies.

"Uh.....................Let me find out!" Kaoru let the girls climb on him and babble on an I called my grandparent and as I had feared they were freaked out because they had noticed my cousins were missing.

"WHERE could they BE?!" I heard my aunt scream and I said,"Grandma they are here. They came over because they thought their parents were fighting."

"Oh............I'll tell your aunt then."

I hung up before my grandmother could pass me to my shrieking aunt.

"Well you girls can stay for a while. Yukina your job is to make sure that Kaoru doesn't get into the kitchen and Risa..........................................I am going to cook food so do you want to see how to make a stew?"

If my assumption is correct then Risa won't deny the offer. Risa has shown a love for the kitchen and I felt that she got it from her mother that would cook for me when my mother would work overtime.

She got on a tiny stool that I had used to reach the high cabinets and watch as I cut up some carrots and' tossed them into the pot slowly.

I seasoned some scalops and threw them in as well and Risa stared very seriously at the pot.

Behind me I heard Yukina command,"You shalt not pass! If you want to pass pay me first."

I coughed into my arm. Where in the world did she learn that she could take bribes?

Kaoru came by my side and Yukina pulled on my shirt and showed me five dollars.

"He gave me five dollars so I let him pass!"

Sigh. Little traitor..........................................................................................................

I cooked and Risa watched from the stool ,Yukina from Kaoru's shoulders and Kaoru from behind me and I felt strange.

Was I like them when I was a child? yeah probably.