The hospital

======================Kaoru====================================================== my lips were burning.

Why?

I remembered about the kiss I had stolen and blushed.

WIll he hate me now? I sat back in my chair in the halls of the hospital and sighed.

I was told by the doctor that he was sick but, he didn't say what he was sick of.

AKio didn't want to tell me either.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

I hate secrets. Especially when they are from me. I took a peek into Akio's room and I saw that he was breathing easy.

Good. I sat down and took his cold hand in my warm one.

I can't stand how this person will never share his worries with me but, ensures that everyone isn't burdened by theirs.

Everyone has their own crosses to bear and I can only bear so much. However this weak and frail person carries so much pain inside him and he is still making everyone smile.

How selfless can he be?

He coughed a little then settled down.

I kissed his forehead and then whispered,"I love you. I know that you might not having feeling for

me but, please trust me. I will carry your burdens if only you chose to share them with me."

I sat back down and I fell asleep and when I woke up it was dawn and AKio was already awake.

"Thank you for loving me." Akio's words were soft as air but, I heard them loud and clear.

"No. Thank you for letting me say them." I heard the tremor in my voice and at that moment I wanted to kill myself.

"Listen. I know a little about love. I know that it is both painful and wonderful. It is light and darkness.

\IF a man and woman have it hard do you think a romance between us will be easy? If you are

willing to take a hard path then by all means love me to your hearts content. I think that I want to try

to love you."

I wasn't aware of the tears falling down my face until Akio wiped my tears away with the back of his hand.

"For a man you really cry like a woman." I glared at him through my tears but, I was happy.

Finally my feelings were recognized and finally returned.