Kaoru does the unexpected

"Turn off the heat! TURN OFF THE HEAT!!" I screamed and Kaoru lunged towards the stove and turned of the heat and we both sank to the egg spattered floor.

"I told you to put it on medium low. Why did you just put it on hot all of a sudden?" 

Kaoru sighed and said,"It wasn't cooking fast enough. How was I supposed to know the oil would jump out at us?"

"You were supposed to ask first you dope. Now look at what you did to my kitchen. Somebody has to clean this up and just FYI it isn't going to be me."

"Did you burn yourself?" I looked down on my arms at grimaced. I had a few burns on my arms but, nowhere near third degree and I said,"I have a few burns but, nothing serious."

He stood up and shakily walked towards me but, he slid on some egg yolk and he fell on me instead.

He knocked the breath out of me and I coughed and he got off and checked my arms.

"AKio I am so so sorry. I didn't meant to burn you or destroy your kitchen."

"Aw well. It's not like you did it on purpose. Anyway help me up will you? wait a minute on second thought don't move while I think of a way to get to the bathroom without getting egg on the carpet."

Kaoru lowered his head and I repressed a chucke. He really is too cute.

I tip toed to the pantry and got some plastic trash bags and laid them on the floor and made a path to the bathroom.

I made sure he went in first and I made another trail of trash bags leading into the bed room and I picked out black sweat pants and an overly large boxers that my grandma bought me for christmas that I haven't used and I left them outside the door.

Once properly showered and dressed Kaoru walked out and I went in and I showered and as the cold water ran down my skin my eyes closed and I only felt the vibrations the water caused.

I'm here. It doesn't matter why I am still alive today but, I am here and I am in love with someone who loves me to death. What more could I wish for?

I turned off the water and I dried off and changed into fresh clothes and when I walked out Kaoru was sitting in my living room.

I sat down with him and he asked,"When will you start working?"

"I will start working in about a month." I answered and I saw a lonely expression take over his features and I stiffled a laugh.

He is missing me already. A doctor is a good choice of work for me.

He held me and said,"Promise me that you will always have enough time to be with me. Even a few minutes of your time will suffice."

"I already promised you." He let me go and asked,"When did you promise me?"

"Isn't it obvious? When I accepted your proposal of marriage. Kaoru I want you to promise me something."

He nodded and I looked him in the eyes,"Promise me that you will never hide anything from me or

lie to me. I may not be the smartest man in the world but, like any other person I worry and I get

uneasy so please don't worry me by trying to deal with your problems by yourself. I mean what am I

here for? If there is something worring you or bothering you can always pull me aside and talk to

me. I swear to you that I will try to always at least listen t o what you have to say."