Klaus - I'm Better Than Him

Request from catmikaelson20 on Tumblr. Hello can you write something based on dove cameron's boyfriend song where klaus is in love with the reader but she has a boyfriend (tyler) but klaus doesn't care and wants to woo her because he thinks he can be a better boyfriend than him.

Klaus eyed you from a far across the ballroom. His mother upon returning to life insisted on throwing a royal ball and inviting the whole town. He had better things to do than make friends with the towns people of Mystic Falls. At least that's what he was thinking until he saw you and he suddenly felt a beat in his no beating heart. He knew you were taken by his first hybrid Tyler Lockwood. But his heart beats for you so he would do anything to take you from him. All so he could call you his love, his queen, ultimately just be his one and only. He only wished you wanted him too. The truth was you did, he was a forbidden boyfriend that you had never experienced before you became a vampire.

Tyler and I intertwined our hands together staring to slowly dance around the large ballroom. I had decided on wearing a simple red dress instead of a big ballgown like Caroline or Elena. I just don't see the point in trying to not trip over your own feet the whole evening. Which is also why I'm wearing sneakers and not wearing heels. "He's staring over here again. I wish he would stop." Tyler grumbled under his breath and I already knew he meant Klaus Mikaelson.  Everyone around us dances without a care then suddenly switch partners. Tyler spins me out and I gasped feeling the arms of Klaus secure my waist gently. "Hello love, I was hoping we would get a dance together." Biting my lip veins appeared underneath my eyes seeing a human girl dancing near us. I haven't gotten used to the transition yet so he puts his back to the girl so I'm not tempted to drain her. "Thank you for that...I didn't want to kill her." I whispered knowing he would hear me since he's the oldest vampire to ever exist.

"You're welcome, Y/n. I bet Tyler doesn't know the urge since he's broken his sire bond recently. But I know what it's like. The hunger to kill. I can help you through it better than he can." Rolling my eyes I shake my head at his suggestion. Klaus twirls me out and back into his chest. My hair falls over my shoulders that I had curled a little at the ends. "Thanks for the offer but as you said he's still a hybrid. Half vampire remember, Klaus." He bites his lips forming a smile at my words. I'm not blind that the hybrid dancing with me has a massive crush on me. After we met one night at the Grill then gifts such as drawings or flowers appeared on my doorstep. "Give me a chance, Y/n. Think about it Tyler won't give you an exciting thrill that you seek. He won't worship you like a queen, like I will for all eternity." Staring up into those blue eyes I suck in a breath struggling to not kiss him. I've dreamt about what it would feel to kiss him, how it would feel to almost make my heart race again like I was actually alive once more.

Dropping my gaze to the ground I slightly regret that he might have a point. Ever since my boyfriend became a hybrid he's not like he used to be. Tyler is more aggressive and doesn't really mean to hurt me but he's nearly bit me when we were kissing. "I can't just dump my boyfriend for you. Like it or not Tyler is a good guy, he just isn't good at controlling his temper." Klaus nods his head in agreement leaning forward whispering in my ear. "If you change your mind. I'll be just a call away, Y/n love." Hearing him say my name makes me nearly giggling but I get spun back into Tyler's arms before I could ever respond back to him, glancing around the room Klaus is gone like a ghost.

Comments really appreciated :)