Chapter 54: Finale

Start from the beginning

Everyone loves a good underdog story, and it seemed that the twins represented that in outstanding fashion to the crowd, and none of them would stop for a single moment until their throats were screamed completely raw. 

Once the Faunus duo reached the center stage they gave one another a quick hug in pride, happy to see that they both had mad it as far as they did before separate and walking to their designated spots. The Faunus twin's hugging made the crowd erupt in a loud, bellowing awe that allowed the stadium to quiet down enough for the Announcer to take control and begin the match. 

"This upcoming match as it is the Grand Finals will have a slightly different set of rules than the former rounds of the tournament, the new ruleset is simple! There will be no Grimm, no biomes, no movement before the bell, and because of this the Biomes have been converted into usable stage for the twins to battle in! The rules of victory remain the same, ring out, knocking your opponent off the arena, and Aura depletion, bringing your opponent's Aura down into the red! Now, Panthera Twins, are you ready!"

"Yeah/Yes!"

"Then, let the Grand Finals begin!" Neyah waited in attack mode with her spear at the ready and Nix did the same but with her dagger, and the instant they heard the DING reverberate through the stadium, Neyah faked forward and leaped back, converting her spear into a bow and rapidly forming 5 arrows in its string, shooting the speeding arrows across the battlefield aimed at her sister. 

As they approached, Neyah was able to manipulate the arrows into swerving in mid-air, having the spread-out fan of Aura weapons converge on her sister's position. Nix stood her ground, deflecting the middle two with her dagger and dashing in on Neyah, and as the other three arrows flew harmlessly by her, she was able to quickly close the distance between her sister and herself. 

As her sister approached, Neyah turned her bow back into its dual spear counterpart and free formed a large dagger in front of her, kicking it at Nix while she sprinted at her. Nix's momentum stopped for a moment as the dagger flew at her, swinging wildly as it attempted to tag her. 

Nix managed to fend off the weapon quickly, watching as it shimmered into non-existence while Neyah dashed in with her double-edged spear. Nix was immediately met with a powerful stab that she was forced to block with her dagger, shoving her back a few feet as her sister swiftly followed up with another strike.

Nix preemptively rolled left, dodging her sister's attack almost before she even began doing the motion, and as she recovered, she immediately slashed vertically with her glowing dagger, sending the projectile blade at her sister who swiftly blocked the incoming ice with ease. 

Now in close range, Nix showed immense fitness in keeping Neyah on her toes, expertly combating her spear attacks with pre-emptive dodges and reads while at the same time countering Neyah's strikes with her own bladed ones. 

However, every attack that Nix did was met with an equally as preemptive counter from her sister, giving her an opportunity to strike yet again in a different way that was always met with another preemptive dodge, parry, or counter. 

Even as they speedily attack one another back and forth with incredible precision, speed, and power, neither of them was able to land any solid hits on one another, in fact the only time they managed to land a hit at all was if they did so purposefully to get an opening. 

Their Aura's and energy remained high and eventually it became clear to even the audience that the twins were not only completely equally matched, but also knew each other way to well for either of them to get a one up on one another. 

But what everyone and even (Y/N) was wondering was why Nix didn't just use her Bell to lower Neyah's stats to get the upper hand, and he would learn later that it was simply impossible for Nix to even remotely think of her sister as an enemy, so if she rang the bell she'd end up boosting her and her sister's stats which wouldn't change anything except maybe giving Neyah a slight edge because of her Semblance buff and wasting her own Aura.