"You've been waiting for us?" Rose asked, twisting her head to look up at Adrian with a silly grin on her face. Adrian made a thinking face, letting go off Amara and resting his arm over Rose's head playfully.

"Had to have my girls to see me win this shit, didn't I?" Avalon, from where he hugged his sister in front of Adrian, called, putting his hand out and ruffling Rose's hair.

"I'm still not agreeing to this," Amara opposed, crossing her arms over her chest but not throwing her brother's arms off her. "You could get hurt!"

"Well, little sister," Avalon sighed, taking a few brave steps towards the gleaming cup. He held out a little thin paper in his hand and twirled it a couple seconds before dropping it without a second of hesitation. "Make the best champion win."

The Slytherins, and the two Gryffindors, laughed loudly and shook their heads. Adrian went next, he held his slip of paper in his hand, and after making Rose blow on it for 'muggle luck' he threw it inside too.

"Reckon you'll get chosen?" Rose asked, stepping out of Adrian's embrace, and glancing nervously at the door.

"I don't know," Adrian shrugged, not noticing how Rose's demeanour changed whilst he passed a hand through his hair. "It's a long shot, many people are planning on doing it, you know?"

"Never knew you to be such a negative person, Pucey," Rose teased, her eyes shining as she settled them on Adrian's.

Adrian seemed to be seconds away from answering Rose, but she saw Fred and George hurrying through the door, both looking extremely excited.

"Beg your pardon, Adrian," Rose said, placing a gentle hand in his arm before twirling her way to where the twins were standing beside Harry and Ron.

"Done it," Rose heard Fred whisper in the boy's ears. He then raised his head to Rose, taking her hand and pulling her to him. "Just taken it!"

"Fred, lower your voice!" Rose urged, giggling softly but her voice threatening.

"Taken what?" asked Ron.

"The Ageing Potion, dungbrains," answered Fred.

"One drop each," said George, rubbing his hands together with glee. "We only need to be a few months older."

"Wait, you've actually brewed it for them?" Harry asked, turning his head to Rose with puzzled eyes.

"Did you really think I wouldn't?" Rose teased, turning her head to the door and sucking in a breath.

Fred looked down at her, having felt the way her chest rose, and her eyes flared. "What it is?" However, she didn't have to answer Fred's question; he turned his head to the door of the Great Hall and noticed exactly what Rose was staring at.

Lee Jordan was coming into the Great Hall, his head hanging low but still managing to give the group a tight smile.

George, who had also made the obvious connection, glared at Lee. "Wait a second; I'll go talk to him."

"George, no," Rose stopped him, putting a cautious hand in his shoulder. "I'll go."

She didn't wait for their answer; Rose's feet were carrying her towards Lee with no hesitation.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, her eyes hard and murderous.

"Came to see the twins do it," Lee shrugged, trying to give Rose the most genuine smile he could muster.

"Lee, what's going on?" Rose huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and pleading with one of her best friends. "What happened to you?"

Lee sighed, looking up to where the twins were glaring at them with an expression on their faces that said, 'I dare you!'.

"Later, Rosie," Lee smiled down at her, putting an arm on her shoulder. "We can talk later."

"You promise?"

"Promise," nodded Lee, turning back to the twins and throwing them a grin. "Come on, let's go with them."

Rose nodded, walking back to the group with a calm smile. "You two ready?"

The twins exchanged a look; their eyes shining with mischief. "Ready!" 

Rose watched, fascinated, as Fred pulled a slip of parchment out of his pocket, bearing the words 'Fred Weasley – Hogwarts'. Fred moved up to the edge of the line and stood there, bouncing back and forth on his toes like a diver ready for a fifty-foot plunge. Then, with every person in the Entrance Hall gazing at him, he took a deep breath and crossed the line.

"Come on, come on, work," Rose muttered, holding Lee's hand tight in her own.

For a split second, Rose thought it had worked – George certainly thought so, for he let out a yell of triumph and leapt after Fred – but next moment, there was a loud sizzling sound, and both twins were hurled out of the golden circle as though they had been thrown by an invisible shot-putter. They landed painfully, ten feet away on the cold stone floor, and to add insult to injury, there was a loud popping noise, and both of them sprouted identical, long white beards.

"Oh, bloody hell," Rose hissed, running to the twins and chuckling under her breath as she pulled the twins to their feet. The Entrance Hall rang with laughter. Even Fred and George joined in once they had taken a good look at each other's beards.

"I did warn you," said a deep, amused voice, and everyone turned to see Professor Dumbledore coming out of the Great Hall. He surveyed Fred and George, his eyes twinkling. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little, too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

"Nice work, you two," Lee laughed, pulling George through the door as Rose did the same with Fred.

"You still think I look good, don't you, Rosie?" Fred turned to her, his white eyebrows raised.

"Whatever you say, Grandpa Fred," Rose chuckled, shaking her head.

"Actually, I'm glad you two didn't get the chance to put your names in," Lee admitted.

"Beg your pardon?" George spluttered, stopping dead in his tracks in front of the Hospital Wing.

"You didn't want us putting our names in the cup?" Fred asked, looking at Lee with genuine confusion in his face, which was quickly turning an angry shade of red.

"Come on, baby, we'd better get you to the Hospital Wing before that beard keeps growing," Rose urged Fred, trying to pull him inside the room. However, he let go off her hand and angrily stalked towards Lee with George by his side.

"Why wouldn't you want that?" George asked.

"Because you two are idiots who would get yourselves killed!" Lee answered, throwing his hands up in the air as if that proved his point.

"Boys, let's not-"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Fred demanded angrily, his nostril flaring.

"Well, think about it," Lee began. "If Rose – Merlin, if Amara ­– had chosen to enter the tournament I would've happily stood there and watched as they risked their lives. But you two would've been dead in the first task!"

"What a comfort Lee," chuckled George sarcastically. "To know that my best friend is O.K. with Rose and Morgenstern entering the tournament; but if it's me then you have a problem!"

"You are the daftest person I have ever met!" Lee screamed back at him. "You could've gotten killed and you act like you give no fucks! There are other people here, George!"

"And what do you care if I get killed?" George challenged; his brown eyes hard as stone. "It's not like you've spoke to us for the past few weeks!"

"George!" Rose snapped. As soon as George's words left his mouth, he seemed to have regretted them because he unclenched his jaw and relaxed his shoulders. He then took a deep breath and shut his eyes.

"Fine," sighed Lee, his eyes were glistering. "I'll meet you back in the dorm then."

Lee waited for no reply before he turned on his heel and walked away. Rose had half a mind to go after him, but it would've been no good. However, she had an idea as for what could be bothering Lee.