29

The sun was shining bright and the clouds danced slowly through the clear skies, it was hot but very beautiful. Shelby couldn't take her eyes off the sight in front of her.

It felt like a fairytale, looked like one; she felt like she had travelled through time, and here she thought she had seen everything beautiful life had to offer.

For once Heather was quiet letting her take it in silently. She had been sweet like she said she would be, it was a scary sight but it didn't take any time for Shelby to get used to it.

A car was ready at the airport when they alighted from the plane. Shelby hid her surprise well since Heather seemed to be full of those, she smiled cockily as she held the door open even going as far as to say 'mi lady' with a half bow.

Heather was right about one thing- everything. The vacation hadn't started but she was enjoying herself.

"We'll be at the house soon." Heather said softly.

Shelby hummed her response, the roads looked like they could go on forever and she secretly wished they would, Heather took a right turn shortly after pulling up in front of a huge black gate, she said some words into the mic by the gate, waved at a camera before the gates slid open.

Shelby couldn't keep her mouth shut this time, who the hell was the woman she had been sleeping with? She looked so posh, high and mighty, proud- Shelby could go on.

"Finally wowed you heh?" Heather glanced her way.

"Shut up, that was just really cool." Shelby smiled widely. "I feel like a spy, is there a gun in your car?"

Heather laughed slapping the steering wheel making them swerve.

Shelby screamed clutching her chest in fear. "What is the matter with you?"

Heather slapped the steering wheel again and again with a smirk on her face, "It was just a tiny swerve."

Shelby gritted her teeth in annoyance, the tiny vein on her forehead was about ready to pop when a beautiful mansion came into view.

"Wow"

"Just when I had your attention." Heather pouted.

"Shut it, this deserves my attention right now. It's so-"

"Beautiful." Heather finished for her.

"I was looking for something more but beautiful will do for now."

Heather brought down their bags shaking her head with a soft laugh when she saw Shelby still staring at the house in awe.

"Your jaw is going to hurt if you keep your mouth open like that, I can see some drool too." Heather teased lightly.

Shelby snapped her mouth shut, it fell back open when she walked into the house.

"Oh my God! Thank God this mansion isn't a person, you're eye fucking my chandelier." Heather sighed into her hands.

"I'm sorry." Shelby giggled. "I just feel like a princess, now I know why you're such a bitch."

A tiny laugh reached Shelby's ears before she saw a small woman walking towards them with a very wide smile.

"Melissa." Heather squealed lifting the small woman into the air.

"Put me down you brute." Melissa slapped Heather's arm. "I'm too old for your games."

Melissa looked at Shelby, nodded her head before a beaming smile adorned her lips. "Your mother will be so jealous I got to meet her first, she's beautiful."

"That she is. I don't know how nobody saw that."

"I'm sure when you saw her, you recognized the beauty." Melissa rolled her eyes. "You're too full of yourself to recognize anything or anyone."

Shelby coughed trying to hide her smile, their to and fro banter was wonderful to watch, there were so many sides of Heather she had never imagined were there, she was like a lettuce with so many covers, when would she get to the base of it all?

"-my suite, Shelby let's go."

Shelby blinked, "What?" but Heather was gone.

"I'm sorry we left you out of the conversation dear." Melissa smiled warmly.

Shelby couldn't help but smile back at the small woman, she was obviously very old, she could count the wrinkles at the corner of her eyes, her eyes were brown and warm, her smile was warm and homely.

"How did Heather turn out to be such a bitch?"

"I have no idea."

Shelby slapped her hand over her mouth in horror. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know I said that out loud."

"I love you already." Melissa winked at her. "Not afraid to say what you think or put that woman in her place."

"Well she's very annoying."

Melissa laughed, "You should meet Danita."

"Who's Danita?" Shelby frowned, that name had come up quite a few times.

Melissa patted her hands with a little twinkle in her eyes. "Danita is Heather's mother dear, no need to be jealous."

Shelby avoided her eyes with an embarrassed smile, she wasn't jealous, she just wanted to know if Heather was seeing anyone else. That wasn't jealousy, not at all.

"Walk with me to the kitche-"

"Aha! There you are." Heather glared daggers at her from the stairs Shelby hadn't even noticed was there. "I told you to come with me some minutes ago, imagine my state of shock when I didn't see you, I thought you had gone off to dry hump a pillow or something."

"I'll take you up on that kitchen offer." Shelby offered Melissa her arm.

"I'm your host, you can't walk off without me."

"I've found better company." Shelby smiled sweetly at Heather.

"She's beautiful and charming, I might just have her for myself." Melissa smiled slyly.

Heather growled. "She's mine."

Shelby turned towards the direction of the kitchen dragging the poor Melissa beside her, Heather's words were making her feel things she knew nothing about.

She's mine.
She's mine.
She's mine.

It played out like a mantra in her head till it printed itself on the walls of her brain.

"Run Shel, I'll give you a headstart but I already said it and you heard it, you're mine. You're just going to have to accept it."

Shelby stopped but didn't turn, Melissa squeezed her hand in silent support.

Shaking off the chains pulling at her ankles she turned with a smirk and said. "You're great and all but Melissa has better lines."

Melissa was the only one who laughed, Heather and Shelby on the other hand had a stare off.

Heather would have to do better than a few words that turned her brain to liquid, melted her bones and drew a fountain from her core to get to her.

°°°
Lenifty. My woman
hoelitday
kinda_crack

Happy pride month 💕🎉🎉🏳️‍🌈

UntamedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara