28

"No" Shelby said after she heard Heather's proposal, there was no way in hell she was going on a vacation with her.

"You didn't even allow me state the benefits." Heather wiggled her brows.

"You" Shelby pointed at her. "-are not beneficial to anyone and no I don't feel like going on a vacation."

Heather huffed folding her arms, "I am very beneficial for your unpaid information, don't people ask you why you glow every morning?"

Shelby glared at her beautiful face wondering how she could manage to look so ethereal every moment of her life, "You are an arsehole so no I'm not going anywhere with you."

"That's not reason enough. You don't have a choice either way, our flight has been booked so we'll leave first thing tomorrow morning." Heather kissed the now dumbfounded woman in front of her.

"You can-n't do that." Shelby stuttered.

"I can and I already did." Heather continued. "It's fine if you don't want to take any clothes with you not like you're going to need them by the way."

"I really don't want to go anywhere." Shelby argued weakly in the losing battle.

"You don't have a choice, I always get what I want."

Shelby avoided her gaze, she wouldn't be seduced into agreeing to something she didn't want to do.

Heather was pulling her out of her comfort zone and she didn't like it one bit.

She was fine in her ranch with horses who gave her a hard time and her dinky office, she was fine with her bubble till Heather rammed a nail through it.

"I just want us to have some alone time without you worrying about anyone but me for a few days, is that so bad? Okay think of it like this-" Heather held her hands telling her to close her eyes. "There's a beach and you get served chilled samosas every evening, I'll give you body massages whenever you please, I will be at your beck and call for a few days."

Shelby grinned at the image in her head, it screamed bliss.

"I mean I'll be there so there's no way you won't have a good time."

Poof. There goes her fantasy, pride was this woman's middle name, she was so full of herself. "Your head is as big as my dreams, do you know that?"

"Why thank you." Heather giggled.

"I don't think I can handle this for a couple of days."

"Don't worry I'll be sweet." Heather laughed when Shelby stared at her skeptically.

"Sweet? Nahh that's too good to be true, it's better to believe you're taking me away so you can bury my body in the woods somewhere, sweet is something you're not."

"I feel insulted, I thought you've tasted all of me."

Shelby groaned loudly. "Must you be so sexual and blunt everytime?"

"Okay, okay I'm sorry." Heather raised her hands in mock surrender. "I just want you to go somewhere with me for a few days please."

Shelby raised her brow at the plea, Heather never said please, not even if she stared down the barrel of a gun.

"This is emotional blackmail and you know it."

"It's only emotional blackmail if it works." Heather sealed the deal with her emerald eyes, Shelby could never deny those eyes.

"Fine fine." The shorter woman scrubbed her face with her hands knowing she would regret her decision later.

When Heather was done with her celebratory dance which was surprisingly good she dazzled Shelby with a searing kiss.

Shelby held on to her lover when she released her lips, her legs felts like jelly and her heart beat was very abnormal.

"See what I mean when I say you'll enjoy your vacation with me?"

"If you don't shut up I'm never kissing you again." Shelby threatened.

Heather smiled cheekily not saying a word just holding Shelby in her arms, she rocked them slowly to an imaginary tune appreciating how they fit so well together, like ying and yang or a jigsaw puzzle finally put together.

"I need to pack some stuff, I don't know who travels without preparing first but you're so comfortable." Shelby hummed snuggling deeper into Heather's arms.

"Are you going to fall asleep on your feet?"

"You're the one rocking me, you sleep nice and definitely softer than my pillows so yes I could fall asleep right here."

Heather was grateful she had her eyes closed if not she would see the faint blush on her cheeks and tease her for days.

"As much as I love holding you." Heather fought her way out of Shelby's surprisingly strong hold. "You need to get some work done before we leave then I have to drive you home so you can pack the few things you might need and like I said earlier the lesser clothes, the better for you."

Shelby swallowed the whine bubbling up in her throat, "Okay. I'll just finish up as much paper work as I can before I tell Bran-" Shelby's mouth formed an o. "I haven't told Bran."

"Don't worry, I told him before I booked the flight."

Shelby shook her head, how could she be betrayed by her own staff? Bran was her last chance to slip out of this agreement but he loved Heather more than her, he lived for her words. If she said she wanted to burn down the ranch, Bran would watch it burn down with a smile on his face.

"Don't look so dejected."

"I'm not, I just hate your newly found bond with Bran."

"Are you jealous baby?"

"Maybe" Shelby shrugged.

"He loves you Shel, I'm just too charming for him to ignore."

Shelby shook her head pushing a laughing Heather out of her office, she needed to work and her tall beauty was a very healthy distraction.

Shelby spent the next twenty minutes thinking about what Heather had planned for her, she had been in Texas for almost seven years.

Her fear wasn't about the bliss Heather offered, it was the demons that would finally have the chance to reach her when she hopped on that plane.

Maybe this vacation would great for her, she hoped it would.

°°°
Lenifty. I would love to rock you in my arms sweets.
hoelitdays