68

Fiona rolled her eyes at the love birds taking up all the air in Shelby's office. Shelby had called her to the office to work on her reports and get herself up to speed with the latest happenings in the ranch. Fiona had doubled her effort the past month and it ended up being her best so far, their website visits and completed orders were over the roof, they would have to buying twice as much horses as they normally did so the ranch wasn't left empty after the end of their frenzied sales.

Fiona came into the office pumped up with thoughts of new prospects that she had practiced to pitch to Shelby, mouth watering deals that could make them go global in the span of six months if she followed through with her plan judiciously. A plan that went up in flames once she walked into the loved up atmosphere.

Fiona had been sitting for ten minutes just watching them smile at each other, smiling like fools and repeating the process. "In as much as I love you guys, I don't think I want to know the words you're passing with your eyes."

"What are you talking about?" Shelby asked, her eyes still on the Heather who was stretched out on the couch.

"Exactly this." Fiona groaned. "I need to talk about my report or I can just go and come back another time. I don't think you're ready to discuss now."

"Hmm hmm, that's fine." Shelby dismissed her with a wave. "Just come back another time."

Fiona snuffed the urge to destroy the love filled atmosphere, to bring them back to earth so she didn't have to feel the emptiness that had been creeping dangerously close to being a daily companion so she left as quietly as she came.

"Are they in?" Bran asked Fiona who had come out of the office and almost ran into him.

"Oh! yes they are but it's an all love fest in there, couldn't even get two words in." Fiona chuckled awkwardly. "Hopefully they hear you."

Bran watched in confusion as Fiona walked away, moving backwards into the office. "Hello Shel."

Shelby hummed in response with a wild smile on her face, Heather was no better. Bran smiled at the gooey eyes they were making at each other, the silliness of love never failed to put a smile on the faces of anyone who witnessed. "Come off it now, this is a work place. We don't need our bosses unfocused."

"Boss." Heather corrected. "I merely paid off the loan but there's only one boss in this room."

Gooey eyes changed to stormy eyes in a blink. "Do not even think of acting out any weird shit when I'm standing here"

"Then go away Bran." Shelby whined, glaring playfully in his direction. "You're kinda killing my vibe here you know, It's not everyday you get to score a hot woman."

"You'll have enough time when you're home alone, by yourselves." Heather and Shelby laughed at the pointed look he was giving them. "Where you're not going to be disturbed by anyone and we don't have to be disturbed by you."

"Ugh! Boring." Shelby shuffled a few papers on her desk before actively giving Bran her attention. "So, what can I do for you?"

"It's not a matter of what you can do. Rather, It's what I needed to do years ago." Bran took off his hat, weaved his fingers through the patch of hair he still had left and said. "I'm retiring."

Shelby couldn't believe her ears, she didn't know whether to jump for joy or cry, whatever emotions she was feeling, they weren't good. "Why?" She asked, stunned to the bone.

"Why?" Bran frowned. "Isn't this what you always wanted me to do?"

"It is but you refused every single time I brought the topic up and swore to me that you would never do it, you said you wanted to live and die on this ranch and the only time you wouldn't be seen on this ranch was if you were caught dead on your feet."