58

Shelby woke up feeling sick and immediately the thought registered she was running into the bathroom to empty her stomach into the toilet bowl.

No good food stayed in apparently, after retching painfully for the last time. She flushed and wiped her mouth, dragging herself slowly back to bed.

Every step felt like torture till she was welcomed into the warm cocoon of her blankets, her forehead felt warm to touch. Groaning loudly at the fact that someone would need to take care of her, Shelby burst into ceremonial tears making her blurred vision worse.

The urge to itch was strong so she took her meds out of her bedside table, swallowed her dosage dryly and shuffled into her blankets. Her pillows were soaked with her tears that kept falling no matter how much she tried to stop them.

A familiar pain crept along her abdomen causing her tears to fall harder, her period had chosen the worst time to show up, her sheets were already soaked by the time she stood to check the damage done, the damage was a big splotch of red on her immaculate white sheets and duvet.

Dragging the sheets off with literally no sight, Shelby stubbed her toe on her bed post. A yelp resonated round her room, Shelby hopped on one leg, one hand holding the bruised one up and the other massaging it gently; her leg got tangled in the duvet she had placed on the floor dragging her down hard to the floor.

Breath winded, toe hurting, sight gone. Shelby curled into herself, hot tears cascading down her cheeks to the floor. Her stomach tugged and pulled in all directions. Having so much food the day before was a bad idea.

There was no recollection of time for how long Shelby laid curled into herself, tiny shivers rolled through her body from how cold the floor was but she couldn't bring herself to move.

Rushed footsteps coming towards her bedroom startled Shelby into a sitting position, instantly regretting it when pain stabbed her insides. Her door flung open as she was sinking back to the floor, her arms wrapped round her tummy.

"Oh baby!"

The sound of Heather's voice sent warmth though Shelby's pores, whining softly she leaned into her caress; shuffling weakly into her.

"Do you need help?" Fiona? Fiona was here too? Shelby couldn't bring herself to care about anything other than being cradled.

Heather picked her up effortlessly not minding the mess she'd made, wanting to refuse Fiona's help would have been her normal reaction but her hands were full with Shelby; she needed a couple more.

"Yes" Heather grumbled, then cleared her throat." I meant yes, and thank you."

Fiona nodded. "My pleasure." catching the look of content spread all over Shelby's face, Fiona waved Heather towards the bathroom, her throat too constrained with emotions to speak.

Heather placed Shelby in the bathtub, peeled her clothes off quickly as the tub filled up with hot water, Shelby melted immediately mewling softly in content. Heather disposed of her own clothes, joining her after shutting off the tap.

"How did you get into my house?" Shelby asked. The water was now warm indicating that they had been sitting in silence for a long while.

"Fiona kinda broke your door down."

"She what?!" Shelby exclaimed weakly.

"We'll fix it. You come first." Heather wrapped her hands around the woman in between her legs, pulling her closer. The sight of her sinking to the floor burning painfully into her mind.

"Your heart is beating ridiculously fast."

"Hmm" Heather murmured, holding Shelby securely in her arms as if she would disappear at any moment.