57

Getting ready for a date on a Friday wasn't on Shelby's to-do list, but no one had forced her to say yes, cancelling at this point would be cruel to Fiona and herself after the hours of intense focus she'd poured into her face.

Applying makeup was a chore when you were actually half blind, she might have a smiley face on her forehead and have no clue. She just hoped she looked presentable, eye catchy or sexy was a move Shelby was trying desperately to avoid.

Fiona approached her the day before, nervous and jittery which was so unlike her. She fumbled through her words, barely got half a coherent sentence out but Shelby had picked up, Will. Go. Date. Me. Hardly a sentence, her usual response froze on her tongue when Fiona's face came into close view. Kissing her was like the next best thing, the move was unexpected but Shelby didn't have the heart to push her away.

Feeling Heather's eyes on her fueled her decision, so she said 'Yes' accepted an excited hug and walked calmly into her office, Heather's eyes boring a hole in her back.

As much as she didn't want to wear her glasses on their date, she needed to actually see where and what they would be doing or the date would progress healthily into depression as Shelby's heart wasn't fully in it.

Perching her glasses on her nose, the world regained most of its color and beauty- and there she was, looking every bit of what she didn't want to portray. Sexy and cute. Bad combination. Casual was what she needed to get through this date? dear God.

A knock halted Shelby's trip back into her wardrobe, sighing softly she walked to answer the door after a second knock.

"Hi" Fiona greeted as soon as she opened the door. With a bouquet of flowers in one hand and wine in the other.

"Are you trying to get me drunk?" Shelby joked.

"Huh, wh- no." Fiona cleared her throat, sliding her eyes to the ground as her cheeks flushed pink. "It's non-alcoholic actually, I didn't want to come here empty handed. I mean I'm holding flowers but it's not the same."

Fiona's stutters made her cheeks glow brighter, which in turn made Shelby smile. "I appreciate it Fiona, really." Shelby took the wine and flowers from her tight grip. "Wouldn't want a broken bottle and broken stems on my porch."

Shelby winked at Fiona, walking back inside- a clear invitation for Fiona to come in. "I'm going to find a vase for these beauties, put the wine in the fridge and then I'll be ready to go."

Fiona nodded wiping her sweaty hands on her jeans. Aiming for a casual look wasn't Fiona's strength, her wine V necked buttoned up shirt and black trousers was just going to pass for casual.

"Okay, I'm ready."

"Great." Rubbing her hands together, Fiona let out her first confident smile. "Let's get this day started."

°°°

Magnifique. This word didn't do justice to the sights dazzling her iris nor did it describe the beauty of the restaurant they were seated in, having one of the most wonderful meals Shelby had ever tasted.

A small sound of delight escaped every time she put something in her mouth, even the water was delicious. "Hmm." Shelby moaned as she took a sip.

"I don't know if you understand that I can only sit opposite you for so long and listen to you moan every second."

"The food is amazing." Shelby moaned again, the food was orgasmic. Melting perfectly on her tongue, the taste cascading round her mouth pulling yet another groan from her.

"Shelby." Fiona warned. "People will start staring."

"Not like I really care at this point." Shelby licked her fingers innocently, creating not so innocent thoughts in Fiona's head. "I'm too far gone."