27

Heather spent less time with Shelby so she could actually focus on her work, they had tried to work in the same space, Heather smiled remembering how that played out, she had never see so many papers fly off in different directions.

She made the last payment for the ranch without Shelby consent hoping she wouldn't blow a fuse when she finally told her, she didn't want to take ten steps back when she was already in a very comfortable situationship.

Her mail box was filled with emails from her father, he had also been calling incessantly for weeks but Heather had been so lost in lo-lust to care, procrastinating was never her forte but she was slipping into it quite nicely.

Her mails were the first thing she handled, discarding the ones that didn't need a response and sending all her father's emails to her trash, she couldn't deal with his verbal assault- carefully crafted assault on her personal business.

The next one was something for the first time she was reluctant to glance through, it was her next job. Her secretary had faxed her the information she needed a week before but she had been happily distracted, staying in one place for a long time wasn't something she was fond of yet she closed her laptop not eager about her new job prospect.

Her hotel room felt strange and cold, she had gotten used to the warmth of her lovers bed; the sight of her woman walking round the house muttering things to herself which she thought was creepy at first now she found it totally endearing.

The way her eyes lit up when she spoke about something she loved, how animated she could get and how she stomped her foot to get a message across.

Heather was whipped, leaning on her balcony rail staring into the streets with a wide smile on her face, she only felt this way about one woman and that was her mother.

Unashamedly a mommy's girl, a spoilt brat as she was popularly known, she was the daughter of an actress and a business tycoon. The legendary Danita Fiona Quinn. She was a smart woman who Heather looked up to, she had the mind to leave her father when she did to chase after her happiness which she found in Acropolis of Athens.

They got married a few months after and her mom retired to live in seclusion, the cameras of showbiz haven't caught sight of the eye turning woman in almost twelve years, something Heather got every weekend.

A video call where they talked for hours over everything and nothing, her husband Carl was a quiet man who always had a smile. She had told her about Shelby but she had been so busy these past few weeks, she didn't know where to start.

Her laptop pinged and she sighed, it was now or never.

"Hey mom" she smiled warmly at the woman in front of her, they could still pass as twins even though Danita was nearing her fifties.

"Look who finally has time for her aging mother." Danita tsked.

"I'm sorry mom, I've just been very busy recently."

"You've never been too busy for our weekend calls, so who is it?" Her mother smiled knowingly.

Heather's cheeks flared up. "It's no one."

"I'm the actress hun so quit the act and tell your mother all the juicy details."

"It's Shelby" Heather said quietly hoping her mom wouldn't pick it up.

"Ahh the farm girl who infuriates the hell out of you, I thought you were rounding up your business in-" her mother paused, her eyes widening in surprise. "You slept with her?"

"I have been sleeping with her for weeks."

"Oh my God, my baby's a carpet muncher."

Heather covered her face with her hands while her mother laughed at her expense. "C'mon mom, you knew that."

"Okay I'm sorry, it's just..." Danita smiled sadly. "This is the first time I've seen you genuinely happy."

"I am." Heather finally admitted.

"What about Reene?"

Heather stiffened at the sound of the name. "I don't know where she is, probably doing some of dad's biddings somewhere."

"When are you going to sort that out?"

"I don't know mom, I just-" Heather released a frustrated sigh dragging her fingers through her hair. "I just need this to work."

"It will work if you don't fuck it up by the side all on your own sweekcakes, you need to tell her and you need to tell her soon or it won't make sense anymore."

"I know." Danita watched her daughter play with her fingers, she was forty-eight and not once had she seen Heather blush, her daughter had turned out to be a marvelous woman who she was very proud of.

"I just need time."

"That's something you'll never have by your side, it gives and takes twice as much."

They settled into a comfortable silence afterwards, Heather needed to make a choice before everything blew up in her face, shame filled her from the thought of judging Shelby for her secrets when she had a few of her own. One particularly in the shape of woman, a very dangerous woman.

"Do you love her?"

Heather didn't need to think about her answer, "Yes I do."

"Have you told her?"

"I don't know how love and Reene will fit into one sentence but I'll try to make it short."

Danita chuckled softly. "If it's this serious then maybe you should take her somewhere where you can have her to yourself for a few days, it's easier to break bad news when you're in the middle of nowhere with no way of leaving."

"The mansion." They both said simultaneously.

Danita nodded. "That's the best place to take her, I'll call Melissa to clean it up for you and please don't use my rooms for your guilty pleasures."

Heather rolled her eyes with a smile. "You have almost twenty-five rooms there."

"I did hear lesbians have more stamina than we heterosexuals."

Heather laughed when Carl shouted out something that sounded like 'liar' in the background.

"Seems you have a very healthy sex life mom." Heather wiggled her brows suggestively, Danita blushed when Carl kissed her cheek as he dropped her orange juice beside her laptop.

"As a matter of fact, I need to find out if I still got it."

Heather fake gagged at the full blown make out session happening in front of her, she ended the call when things started getting a little heated.

A planned five days' vacation with Shelby to the mansion, it was just the place she needed to make Reene the least of her problems.

°°°
kinda_crack
hoelitdays