66

Bran removed his hat and whistled low, "Nice ride you've got there."

Shelby walked past Bran, turning to glare at the woman coming down from the passenger's seat with a sheepish smile. "Don't remind me."

Bran and Heather watched Shelby storm off, "If she's not going to appreciate this beauty, I will buy it and treasure it for life."

"She's just upset that I'm randomly buying her stuff." Heather scowled watching the interaction between Shelby and Fiona who'd just walked over.

"She only has eyes for you."

"I know. I just want to take her home and hide her from the rest of the world."

"You mean recreate the cavemen's way of living because your woman looks like a hundred bucks-"

"A million fucking bucks." Heather stared daggers at their enjoined hands. "Maybe I really should hide her away from the world."

"You." Bran patted her back. "and me are just going to walk round the ranch and supervise the young ones."

Glaring one last time at Fiona, Heather walked with Bran in the opposite direction.

°°°

"Is she gone?"

"Yup" Fiona smiled widely. "I thought my hand would burn up from her stare."

"That's what she gets for being stupidly sweet."

"Nice ride though."

"Ugh. You too?"

"I can appreciate beauty when I see one and that is a classic, God only knows how she bent backwards to get this particular edition." Fiona was almost salivating at this point. "If you don't want her anymore, I'm willing to have her as my sugar mommy."

"Thank you but I think I'll keep her." Shelby stuck out her tongue. "I also need to thank her properly for the truck even though it's not needed and it'll make me wear my glasses more so I don't crash into something or someone"

"Which is a win win. You get to drive yourself to places and also see well enough to not walk into anyone or anything."

Shelby flipped Fiona the bird. "I am going to fire you one day."

"I just have to increase the ranch's rating by another two percent this month."

"Touché." Shelby handed the iPad she was holding over to Fiona. "I just remembered I was supposed to hand this over to you for easier documentation."

"My offer still stands for the sugar mommy though." Fiona winked. "I need a new truck."

"You can buy one with your salary."

Fiona looked at Shelby like she was an alien and shook her head. "Trust me, you don't pay me that much boss."

Shelby glanced over at the truck parked out front. How much was the fucking truck?

°°°

Heather didn't walk around with Bran, instead opting to sit in a corner and go through her emails. Having neglected them for weeks since her arrival in Dallas, they were several from her father's assistant and two from her father personally which made her frown.

She always received emails from his assistant so she knew whatever it was he was trying to reach her about was very important.

Remembering his unanswered messages in her voicemail, she sighed as she immediately dialed his number.