21

Heather smirked when Shelby looked her way, she raised her hand to wave but her vixen was already focused on someone else. This has been their cat and mouse game for three days.

Shelby would evade Heather and Heather would do everything in her power to be in Shelby's space- pfft who was she kidding? She didn't even have to try, they gravitated towards each other, Shelby just dug her heels into the ground so Heather was the one chasing.

Shelby was in the open field with Zina, she smiled at the interaction between them, Zina wasn't happy about something but the petite woman wasn't backing down either, they fought with words, snorts, light tapping till finally Zina turned slapping Shelby in the face with her tail.

"She did not just do that." Shelby gasped.

Heather couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up and escaped, looking away when Shelby glared at her still chuckling softly.

The ranch hands did a better job at hiding their laughter, Bran was the only one who laughed out without a care in the world.

"I think we get it Bran." Shelby spoke through gritted teeth.

"I don't think you do." Bran's face turned red from laughing so hard. "Zina's got more spunk than you do at the moment."

Zina nodded her head and neighed like she understood causing everyone to burst out laughing.

Shelby cracked a smile even though her cheeks and the tip of her ears were red from embarrassment.

Heather watched them for the next hour till Zina decided she had had enough of Shelby's attitude for one day and trotted off into the woods.

"What kind of attitude does she have?" Shelby clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"You're not too far away from the tree yourself."

Shelby tapped her fingers on her now dirty jeans so she wouldn't have to indulge in the conversation Heather was proposing.

"You're going to have to talk to me sometime, you know that right?"

"It won't be anytime soon."

Heather smiled at the hidden challenge and Shelby walked away to attend to her next chore feeling Heather's stare burn through her clothes.

°°°°

Shelby's muscles screamed from exertion, she had been working herself to the bone for days so when she was alone in her bed she wouldn't have the strength to think.

To think about Heather and her hands on her body, touching, grabbing, slip- Shelby grasped the broom in her hand letting the delicious memories zip through her body knowing she couldn't stop them.

"Shel you okay? You look out of it."

Shelby sighed. If you only knew. "Yea I'm fine, just a bit tired."

"Then all you need to do is rest like every other person." Bran wrestled the broom from her death grip. "Go take a nap in your office."

Shelby nodded walking half asleep and dazed to her office, she froze when she saw Heather sitting comfortably on her couch like she had been waiting for her.

Damn you Bran. "Look can we-"

"Come here."

Shelby's almost whimpered when her body betrayed her, walking slowly to where Heather sat she waited for her next command.

"In as much as I want to talk to you and do some other things." Shelby shivered from the look in Heather's eyes. "I'm really tired, I haven't been able to sleep for days so you're going to curl yourself into my body like a good girl then we're both going to get some much needed sleep."

Shelby dashed into her arms taking in her scent, she would blame her eagerness on fatigue when she woke up but she would relish every moment till then.

"Sleep my love, you're going to need your strength later."

Shelby stretched mewling when Heather's hands settled in her hair, in seconds she was out like a light.

That woman's fingers was truly sinful.

°°°°

"Wake up sleepy head."

Shelby whined leaning deeper into the warmth underneath her.

"You won't be able to sleep later tonight sweetie, come on wake up."

Shelby didn't know if she was dreaming or floating but she had fingers in her hair scratching lightly sending tiny zaps through her scalp then her entire body.

Suddenly the fingers were gone and her warm bed was moving.

"Stay still." Shelby whispered harshly.

"Unfortunately for you I need to get blood flowing in other parts of my body that you have crushed so if you could just-"

Shelby wiped her eyes with a pout on her lips and squeezed something... Soft.

"If you're done grabbing my boob, I kinda of need it back."

Shelby pulled her hand back with a tiny smile of apology, she cradled it to her chest secretly relishing the feel of-

"You're enjoying yourself aren't you?"

Shelby raised her head slightly irritated, eyes filled with confusion. "What?"

"You are caressing your hand like it's a lover."

"Well it's a trustworthy one."

Shelby avoided eye contact, she didn't need to see the beast she had poked and jabbed for days now, oh no she didn't, she felt her, with her sapphire green eyes taking in slow breaths.

The silence split when a husky laugh rang out. "You're a spit fire, you'll surely be the death of me."

Shelby sat still playing with her fingers while Heather walked the length of the office.

"Has anyone strangled you before?"

Shelby chuckled, not only because the question was absurd but because one person popped into her head.

"Because I'm this close to wrapping my fingers around your neck an-"

"And what?" Shelby asked when Heather hesitated, staring into dark green orbs that sucked her in and held her there, a prisoner.

"Kiss your common sense away." Heather whispered now a breath away from her she-devil.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't do that." Heather bit her lip and all Shelby wanted to do was replace them with hers.

"Even if I tried to, when you're close to me like this I can't seem to think straight baby girl."

The nickname broke the last brick of Shelby's resolve, Heather had her heart and soul.

"I don't think I'm ready for you again." Shelby gulped, fear smelled awful on her but Heather was getting far too close for her mental comfort.

"We're past that." Something flashed through Heather's eyes causing Shelby's breath to hitch.

"You're mine now. Mind, soul and body."

Her spit fired lover didn't need to surrender, not when she was already hers.

°°°°

hoelitdays
hoelitdays where you atttttt
ho__sanna
_Laramie_