56

Drama. Zina's nickname. She pranced around in the open field with Heather as her witness. She was showing off her best skills, nodding her head to some horse beat in her head.

Her audience increased by two. Fiona and Shelby joined Heather by the fence, Zina seemed to get excited by the small crowd, neighing her content.

"What a bitch!"

Heather and Fiona laughed at Shelby's sudden outburst.

"It's really not funny." Glaring at the giants flanking her, "She gave me one hell of a time."

"She looks like a sweetheart to me." Heather cooed. "Aren't you sweetheart?"

Zina bobbed her head, Shelby gasped. "She did not just do that."

"You might be the problem little woman" Heather shifted away as she said. "Your height might be the big problem."

The little distance she had managed to put between them didn't stop Shelby from swatting her arm.

"Ow!" Heather cradled her hand to her chest. "You could have killed me."

"Dramatic much." Fiona piped in.

"At least I have a witness." Heather huffed. "When I decide to sue, I need an eye witness."

"I wouldn't testify against Shelby." Fiona closed her eyes. "because I didn't see anything."

"Bitch." Heather's lips tilted in a small smile.

A comfortable silence enveloped them, the calm before the storm. Shelby relished in the peace and quiet well aware how fickle it was.

"I still thought what you did was reckless and stupid." fickle.

"Uh-huh. Miss everyone's life is in my hands." Heather snorted. "You sure sounded like a glorified Jehovah, let God do his work."

"I'm not trying to pull any godly tricks."

"So why does your life mean less?" Heather's sharp gaze cut through Shelby's head, meeting Fiona's fiery gaze head on. "Isn't there anyone in this world who would miss you if Zina had painted the floor boards with your blood?"

"It's my job." Fiona said through clenched teeth. "I don't expect you to understand how much other people's lives matter, in some certain jobs, other people's lives come first."

"You're right." Heather's shoulders lifted. "I don't understand why someone else's life should take precedence over mine."

"So let me do my job, and if I ask you or tell you to stay back. You need to Stay. Back."

"Yes daddy." Heather rolled her eyes so hard. "Should I get on my hands and knees and crawl through horse shit."

"Surprisingly, that image fills me with so much joy." Fiona lips stretched in a wolfish smile. "Can I put a collar around you and call you my bitch?"

"You wish, those are fantasies you keep under lock and key. Fantasies that will never be more than fantasies. I kneel for no one."

"More fun when I bring you to your knees."

"Even if I dropped dead right now, I'd rather disintegrate into nothingness than kneel at your undeserving feet."

"Would you kneel for me?"

Fiona and Heather looked down to find Shelby looking between them, a sly smirk on her face.

"Yes baby girl." Heather said the same time Fiona said. "You know I would love to."

They glared at each other, each one daring the other to back down. The alpha role play was getting Shelby hot and bothered. If she squeezed her legs together, Heather would know what she needed immediately and the last thing she needed was her hands mapping out a hot trail on her skin.