Chapter 42: Christmas Confessions (Part 1)

December 24, 2011

Tuesday

3:43am

Emily

I can't sleep. Ever since that night at the beach the face of the man and Chris keep popping out every time I close my eyes. They only go away when Tom or my children are sleeping beside me. Chris... Those harsh words that day affected out relationship. He rarely talks to me now... He tries to avoid me every chance he gets and most especially, talks so much about Minka on set. It's annoying as hell since he knows it somehow affects me hearing him say those wonderful lies about her when he knows she's the cause of how I got almost raped again! Maybe he doesn't remember, right? I mean he never mentioned it. Son of a fucking bitch! And you know what's the worst part? Well, it's the fact that he's staying with us for Christmas! And Tom won't be here because he's going to stay with his parents.

I'm happy for him, but he promised to keep in touch with me every minute he can so that's soemthing, but I can't get this anger out of me towards Chris! Another reason why I can't sleep... He's already here just sleeping in the room across mine! I mean whose smort idea was it for us to stay on the same side of the house anyway, let me tell you, SEBASTIAN! I sighed again getting out of bed. I am tired and I'm scared to go out and jinx my actions with him, but I don't care right now since I need sleep. I need sleeping pills. They're starting to notice that I have lack of sleep, now. I sighed and got out of bed. I cautiously went out and let out the breathe I was holding. Thank goodness I didn't see him! Tipped towards the steps and ran down to miss a step and trip, but a strong all too familiar muscular chest stopped my fall. Damn it! I just needed sleeping pills!

"What the hell are you doing up late?" He asked frowning and helping me steady. "I needed a drink." I replied avoiding his hand and walked towards the kitchen. He followed as I got a glass for water and sleeping pills which he snatched away. "Give it back." I ordered glaring. "Yeah? Tell me a good reason." He replied looking at the bottle. I stayed silent. I'm not telling you jack squat! "What?

Cat

caught your tongue?" He asked about to throw the pills. "Stop!" I exclaimed reaching for the pills. I don't wanna go buy another bottle. "This will be back in your hands if you tell me why the fuck you need them." He said shaking the bottle. I gulped closing my eyes. "I have nightmares you idiot. I need the pills to make me go to sleep even if I can't alright? You happy?" I asked reaching for the pills, but he raised it out of my reach. "You said that if I told you why I needed those, you'll give it back to me." I whispered weakly. Just give me the pills, please...

"No, Ems-" I cut him off. "Just give it, Chris." I said coldly. He stopped for a second and just stared at me. "What now?" I asked annoyed. "I... Ems, what are your nightmares about?" He asked calmly. I knew you'd ask that! "Ponies attacking Neverland." I replied sarcastically. "Cut the crap and tell me." He ordered threatening to spill the pills in the drainage. I sighed exasperated. "Fine, you want to know? They're about that night on the beach where I almost got raped again. I was scared that no one would save me, that I didn't have the strength to fight off that asshole! I have nightmares of you laughing at me because a fucking viral video about me showed up. I have nightmares that sooner or later my kids are gonna get taken from you by someone I don't even know. I have nightmares about Tom leaving me. I have nightmares about our first break-up! There you happy!?" I asked grabbing the pills and walked towards the table where my water was.

He didn't make a sound to my relief. Fuck him for making me do that! I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and for a minute I forgot that he was there and I twisted his arm away from me. "Ack!" He hissed leaning on the counter. I gasped letting him go. "I-I'm so sorry." I whispered clasping my hands on my mouth. Oh no! What have I done!? "Don't worry about it. You didn't twist anything critical... What was that about, Ems?" He asked walking towards me. I didn't move, but I felt tears on my hands. "Hey, hey. Shhhhh, you're fine. You're here in the house. Safe and sound." He whispered hugging me tightly towards him. I cried on his chest as he lead us towards the living room. "Ems, I'm right here. No one is gonna hurt you. Damn it, what've I done..." He whispered hugging me tightly. "You haven't done anything." I whispered wiping my tears.