68.No Cure

A strong arm laid horizontally on the dark-colored sheets, after that, it searched for the familiar warmth in vain, the emptiness immediately woke Jungkook up.

Lisa?!

Jungkook jumped up from the bed and ran out of the bedroom with bare feet. He quickly searched the bathroom and the cloakroom. Fortunately, he found Lisa's figure in the kitchen before he eased down his anxiety.

She's cooking breakfast ah.

Jungkook subconsciously sighed in relief.

Lisa today woke up earlier than Jungkook. She boiled the porridge in the rice cooker, fried the eggs, and mixed the salad. When she was about to put the cooked dishes on the table, she turned around and saw the disheveled Jungkook.

"You woke up?" Lisa smiled, passing the plate in her hand across the counter to Jungkook, "Put this over there."

Jungkook hurried over and took the plate. Lisa walked out from behind the counter while carrying the remaining dishes, she was about to ask Jungkook why he didn't go out for a run this morning when she looked at Jungkook's bare feet, "Why aren't you wearing slippers?"

Jungkook glanced down at his feet and unconsciously moved his toes, seemed like he only noticed that he wasn't wearing his slippers at this time, "I woke up and didn't see you."

"I woke up earlier today. What? Did you think I ran away when you didn't see me?" Lisa laughed.

"Yes." Jungkook nodded, he really felt that way.

"..." Lisa froze, put the plate on the dining table and asked in a baffle, "How come you thought so?"

"You're... very weird yesterday, like... you're about to go to a very far away place." Jungkook didn't know how to express it. Even though yesterday Lisa didn't say anything about leaving, except for being depressed and crying, but he felt this way somehow.

"Don't worry, I won't run." Lisa didn't expect Jungkook to be so sensitive. Her mood was out of control because of her cousin, Jihyo's disease yesterday. Her mind was in disorder as she thought about many things that would happen after her death, but she didn't expect that Jungkook felt it faintly.

Jungkook went back to the bedroom and wore his slippers, then he rarely, instead of going out for a morning run, he sat at the dining table and stared at Lisa in a while. As if he felt that Lisa's guarantee wasn't enough, and that he needed to inspect it personally.

"Quickly eat, we'll go to the hospital after that." Lisa urged Jungkook, "Today is Sunday, we have to tell father and mother that we're not going to go back home and have dinner today."

"I'll call brother." Jungkook suddenly said.

"You're gonna call brother to tell him that we're not going back today?"

"No, I'll ask brother to find doctors." Jungkook explained, "Find the best doctor to cure cousin."

"You're asking brother to find doctors for cousin?" Lisa gazed at Jungkook with a surprise.

"Yes. When cousin is cured, you won't be sad anymore." Jungkook said seriously.

"Kook... thank you." This time, Lisa didn't say anything about no cure, she only clipped Jungkook an egg to show her gratitude.

Yesterday's shock came too sudden, and at that moment, she almost thought that she's also going to die soon, to the extent that her mind crumbled and she lost her self-control. Lisa's strong smile towards death and her mental preparation all collapsed when Jihyo's onset flared up.

However, there were gains to be had after her emotional collapse, at least when she woke up in the morning, Lisa felt that she had figured out a lot. It wasn't her previous strong pretense, but a kind of indifference after this harsh enlightenment.