DINNER TIME 2

Inside the apartment, Ocean patiently sat on the couch as he waited for her to return with water and towel. He knows very well that his wounds will heal in a matter of seconds, but he used his ability to stop the process from taking place. He looked around the living room that is the same size as his, but the only difference is that his own apartment is scantily furnished as they don't do much in it other than resting. Whereas her own feels more like home with the fresh air, sparkling floor and proper arrangement of things.

When he heard her soft footsteps, he turned to her approaching figure.

"Let's go to the kitchen" came her tired voice and Ocean is quick to oblige

He sat on the kitchen stool and watched how her small hands wriggled the white towel under the running faucet. After wetting the towel, she walked towards him and carefully started to clean the blood under his nose. Ocean tried to read her mind but he couldn't make any sense out of it as her emotions were everywhere, she is totally lost in her own jumbled thoughts. After cleaning his nose, she went back to the faucet to rinse the blood out so as to clean the injury on his lips.

Returning with the wet towel, she gently pressed it on his lips in order not to hurt him but his stubble beards mistakenly tickled her hand, making her realise how close they were to each other. She stylishly moved back in order to create some space between them as her heartbeat accelerated in a matter of seconds.

Her little movement didn't go unnoticed by Ocean as he strangely enjoyed the closeness. He instinctively pulled her closer to him, relishing her soft scent.

"What are you doing?" She asked out of fright,  her chest heaved up and down

"Pulling you closer so that you can tend to my wound" She didn't bother arguing but instead focused on the injury

"Done" she announced and moved away from him to dump the towel in the kitchen basin. Ocean didn't say anything or dare to move as they started a staring contest.

"Thank you" came her soft voice as she stared down at her hands.

"Who was that?" Ocean asked without hiding his curiousity

"What were you doing here?" she ignored his question.

"like I said earlier, I came to have dinner with you"

"I don't remember inviting you over for dinner"

"I invited myself" She blinked before glaring up at him

"then I would gladly ask you to leave at once"

"why? is that the way you treat someone who saved you from being molested"

"It is nothing new" she blurted and his brows furrowed

"what do you mean?" The instinct to protect her kicked in

"Nothing"

"A problem shared is a problem solved" He tried to make her open up

"I don't have any problem and even if I do, I am not sharing it with a stranger who is not strong enough to defend himself. Just look at what a fellow man did to you..."

"I was in no mood to fight, if not I would have shredded him apart" he answered sincerely while demonstrating with his hands, eliciting a small smile from her. Even though the smile didn't reach her eye, he felt something move in him.

"Mr neighbour have you seen your face?" Ocean rolled his eyes at her mockery

"I promise to fight him next time"

"There won't be a next time Mr neighbour" the amusement in her voice didn't go unnoticed as she replayed how Rex punched the weaker man

"you haven't answered my question"

"I don't want to talk about it. Trust me Mr neighbour, the less you know about me, the safer you."

"okay. I am hungry" He decided to let the topic rest for now.

"so?"

"Feed me" he answered as if it was an obvious thing

"why should I? you couldn't even throw a half punch at that jerk and here you are demanding I should feed you"

"You are being mean. Rabbit teeth neighbour, I don't think you understand the situation here, I got battered because of you and-"

"Fine. The thing is, I don't cook and I don't have anything to give you" Ocean's brows furrowed

"Is it that you don't know how to cook or you are just being lazy."

"I don't cook for some reason. I eat outside" she is full of secrets, he thought to himself

"okay, it is settled then. You are buying us dinner."

"I will buy dinner on one condition"

"let me hear it" he said with a little jerk of his head

"Promise to stay away from me"

"I don't make promises but I can make an exception if that is what you want." Bloody lies! he yelled in his head

"Yes. That is what I want. I don't want repetition of what happened today"

"Okay." he was fast to reply making her eye him suspiciously. "What?"

"you replied too quickly which is very suspicious" He laughed a little making her heart flutter, he felt it.

"Buy me the dinner first and see what happens next" he stared right into her eye "What happened to your other eye?" he finally asked the question that has been stuck in his mind since last night.

"Nothing" She answered reluctantly. For a reason she felt she could trust the guy but then again people are not to be trusted no matter how innocent they appear to be.

"you are so full of secrets" which is quite intriguing, he finished in his head

"I am not lying" Before he could say anything she removed the eye patch to show her perfect eyes. He couldn't get enough of the eyes as they stared right back into his silver like ones

"Why do you wear that then?" he pointed at the black eye patch she is holding

"Now that is a secret" She placed the eye patch back on her face "let me go and change, you can wait here or in the living room." He trailed behind her, making a stop in the living room while she went to her bedroom to change. He can proudly say he has found a new interest in his rabbit teeth neighbour. She has become a hard riddle to him, one that he wouldn't rest until he cracks it.

A few minutes later she reemerged in the living room wearing a big shirt and denim short, her hair packed into a ponytail giving a full view of her perfectly sculpted face. In short, she took his breath away. This can't be love! he tried to assure himself before following her out of the apartment.

Please don't forget to hit the small orange star button below ♥️💓