22

Although she had done it once, Megumi is again tempted to run away from the chaotic and rumbustious crew. She's grateful they gave her space for a few days. But now that she's finally getting comfortable, she can't help but sense they're being a bit too close and one of them is apparently developing some sense of dependence and some sort of obsessiveness.

She badly needs a break or else she'd poof out of existence just to end her misery.

But it seems like the neglect and condemnation from god has ended as he finally listened to her plea.

The Uchiha maiden could never be more happy to see land. Although it doesn't show on her natural inexpressive face.

Frankly, she almost jumped off the ship and simply wished to vanish among the thick green foliage. To just get lost in the forest. Enjoying the blissful silence it brings her. Only listening to the rustling of the leaves and the sounds from the critters and insects, instead of the noise from her beloved crew.

However, she didn't fail to notice the unusual size of the plants which is massive, contrary to the island's name, "Little Garden".

Megumi barely listened to the crew's conversation, she's getting better at ignoring these past days, merely looking at the plants that captures her eyes. They look rather unusual, some of them are species she hasn't seen before, even in ancient books and scrolls.

Every fiber of her tingles in utmost curiosity, urging her to investigate and determine the names or the classifications of the flora. However, her muscles refuses to let her do such thing. Her body demands rest after overworking itself. She has been receiving signals and her intuition tells her a huge price shall be paid if she ignores it once more.

When the anchor dropped, their captain announced his excitement for an adventure.

"Adventure!" Luffy exclaims, doing the thing with his arms whenever he's thrilled. "Wanna come?" He was giggling, his face literally shining.

Megumi didn't bother dissuading him despite the begging looks Nami and Usopp threw at her. She didn't even blink when Princess Vivi informed them her wish to join the exploration.

"Here." Megumi hands them paper tags, one each including Caruo.

"Ooh! Is this a paper bomb?" Luffy asks in excitement, waving the tag.

"That's a seal." She snatches the paper from Luffy and puts it in his pocket. "It'll allow me to teleport to your location. Just tear it or burn it in and it will alert me that you're in danger. But, only in emergencies. Okay?" She figures that since she can't stop their goofy captain who will most likely cause trouble, she might as well ensure she'll be able to reach him in case something terrible happens.

"Thank you for this, Meg-sama." Says Vivi, also keeping the tag in her pocket.

"That's cool! I can finally use your ninja things, Meg." Megumi's sharp glare shuts him up.

"Only for emergencies. Understood?" She clarifies and the rubberman nods.

"Now you're all set." Sanji announces as he stands up, done with the preparation. "Two pirate lunches and a special drink for Caruo."

"Okay!"

They hopped off the ship.

"Well, then. See you later!" The princess bade them goodbye with a wave before venturing in the forest. "We'll be back later!"

'You better come back intact.' Meg scolds mentally, turning to the stairs as she hears incoming footsteps.

"Well, I'm bored too, so I'll go take a walk." Zoro informs them whilst cracking his neck.